Find the cost of freedom�

Colin

----------------

On 12/15/2003 5:05:14 PM reel 2 reel wrote:

Our Hearts and Prayers go out to those serving over there....

My 20 year old son ..is being deployed to Irac in Jan. to relieve the 3rd or 4th I.D.

He is part of the 25th I.D. stationed in Hawaii....

----------------

I wish him the best of luck as well as you! 1.gif

Best to your family and all the other families.

Every time I hear of even one casualty, I keep in mind that this is a fellow American who IS the kid next door and someone's pride and joy. Not a nameless statistic.

Best, and with a lot of respect,

Gil

----------------

On 12/15/2003 3:00:14 PM Colin wrote:

…buried in the ground

Names and faces of young and women who gave their lives for Iraqi oil and freedom:

8.gif

----------------

Those men and women shall not be forgotten and I am certain an appropriate memorial will be built to honor them in due time.

I expect to catch a lot of flack for this, but here it goes...

At the risk of sounding insensitive, people seem to forget one important thing. These fine people willingly signed up for the military. They new the risks involved, their families new the risks involved and yet they still signed up. I was in the military for four years myself. Never did I not know or understand what I signed up for as well as the risks involved. Never never never did I not know the risks. I knew the day I swore in what I was getting into as well as everyone else.

I agree it's sad that there will be a lot of empty chairs this year. It's sad that sons, daughters, fathers, uncles, brothers, sisters etc. have lost their lives. It's very sad, but people really need to stop thinking of them as victims because they are not. They are trained killers not victims. They go to boot camp to learn how to kill the enemy in some form or another. The marines gloat in the fact that they are trained killers and they have all kinds of toys to help them kill. They go into the military to help defend our country, they go into the military to help defend write from wrong. If there is one thing every military person knows by now, the Untied States does not just protect ourselves, we help others in need as well.

I respect these people, I admire them and I thank them for giving the ultimate sacrifice. Most of all.... They are our heroes.

Reel2Reel, thank you for allowing your son to become an american hero. Simply by volenteering to serve and to protect us he is a hero. He does not have to die or see action to be a hero. Just putting on that uniform makes him a hero. You should be proud..... I'm sure you are.

----------------

On 12/16/2003 8:17:44 PM m00n wrote:

I respect these people, I admire them and I thank them for giving the ultimate sacrifice. Most of all....
They are our heroes

----------------

Yes, and I do agree. Hell, I was in the Army myself for six year looking at the real possibility that I would be deployed during the Gulf War in 1991. Was I scared? Hell yeah, but I would have gone over.

Like you said they are our heroes, and as such, they should never be forgotten, especially the ones that made the ultimate sacrifice. I do hope and I am certain an appropriate memorial will be built to honor them.

----------------

On 12/17/2003 4:31:31 AM KAiN5 wrote:

And don't forget the thousands of people that died due to the American bombings. Seems no one cares about those people for some reason.

----------------

And how would you know?

Hey, why stop there! Lets not forget about the Arab attacks against the Pentagon, the World Trade Center, or a quiet field in Pennsylvania. I don't recall seeing too many wet eyes in the MidEast when that happened. If fact I recall seeing people dance in the streets. I believe it was those poor innocent Palestinians you were writing about in another thread.

I don't think anyone wanted to see innocent Iraqi's die, and the U.S./U.K. bent SO far over backwards to avoid civilian casualties that the U.N. and many international civil rights organizations publicy acknowledged that the U.S./U.K. did the best job possible given the circumstances.

----------------

----------------

On 12/15/2003 5:41:00 PM kenratboy wrote:

...and don't forget the hundreds of thousands of people that died at the hands of Hussain.

----------------

And don't forget the thousands of people that died due to the American bombings. Seems no one cares about those people for some reason.

----------------

----------------

On 12/17/2003 11:25:24 AM dgb wrote:

I don't think anyone wanted to see innocent Iraqi's die, and the U.S./U.K. bent SO far over backwards to avoid civilian casualties that the U.N. and many international civil rights organizations publicy acknowledged that the U.S./U.K. did the best job possible given the circumstances.

----------------

----------------

On 12/15/2003 5:41:00 PM kenratboy wrote:

...and don't forget the hundreds of thousands of people that died at the hands of Hussain.

----------------

----------------

----------------

Best possible job?? Remember when the US "accidently" launched a missile into a market place and a residential area?? You call that "the best possible job??"

Guest Anonymous

Find the cost of freedom, buried in the ground. Morther earth will follow you, Lay your body down. God Bless America and Everywhere else. May the fighting stop soon, and the rebuilding begin, Peacefully. Best wishes and prayes to all those involved personally, family, friends. And all have a Happy Holidays and an end to all the vielence for the New Year!

smilin

Kain accidents happen. Does that make it any less painfull for the victims and their families? No it does not and I personally cringe everytime we have a accident. My heart goes out to the innocent victims and I am not alone in that regard. Accidents such as those are part of the reason why so many americans protest this war. Non the less, there is a huge difference between us and other nations, the US does try VERY hard to minimize or completely eliminate civilian deaths.

Remember when the U.S. ended the war in one week and killed Saddam in the first day, with no casualties by leveling every major city in Iraq with B-52s and nuclear tipped Tomahawks? Didn't think so. This was a war to change a regieme, not devistate a nation.

If one faulty missle launch is the best evidence you can come up with, you need to strengthen your case a bit more.

----------------

----------------

Best possible job?? Remember when the US "accidently" launched a missile into a market place and a residential area?? You call that "the best possible job??"

----------------