newbie needs help and advice

wildbean

Yesterday, I auditioned the Tower RB 7's, RC 7, and some other Klipsch speakers at RLA Home Theater. It was an awesome experience and the showroom was beuatiful. He recommended for my room RB 7's for the front, RC 7 for the center, RS 7's for the rear and either two R12 subs or one RW 15. He indicated that the RB 7's had 85-90% of the tower performance. Is this accurate? He was willing to give me 27% off the list price. Do you think this is a good deal. Do you think I can get a better deal on line? I really don't want to pay sales tax. He indicated that Klipsch is not authorized to be sold on line by anyone. Is this true? He told me about this forum, I hope you can help me.

Thanks

wildbean

27% off list price is pretty darn good, but no site online is authorized by Klipsch. You can take a risk and save money, but if it's defective or breaks, you're pretty screwed. Where do you live? If you live near a Goodguys, they are very negotiable on prices.

Oh, and as for the RB-7's being 80-90% of the RF-7's performance, that's debatable. The RB-7's are damn good though.

The RB-7 only have one woofer where the RF-7 has two, but the horns are the same. Are you doing this way to save money or space? If for money than go for it, If for space the RB-7 with the stands take up the same "footprint" as the towers!! I was wondering why the salesman didn't recommend the RSW-12 sub over the RW-12. Anyways you can't go wrong with reference series speakers no matter what system you buy. Welcome to forum!!2.gif

Just wanted to note that not only do the RB-75's have only one instead of two woofers, it is only an 8 inch woofer compared to the 10 inch woofers on the RF-7. It cannot keep up with the tweeter by any means, and I have already cracked one of the woofers on my pair of RB-75's while the tweeter has handled everything with ease. Soon I'll get a sub, and set the crossover fairly high and should not have any more problems.... If speaker mobility were not an issue for me I would rather have had gotten the RF-7's and not had to buy a sub right away, but I am loving the RB-75's anyway.

James

Hi Wildbean ?

It was a pleasure having you out to our showroom Sorry that the Berkline Cinema Chairs

have not yet arrived for demo The Show room is still not fully equipped hopefully we will have everything including the new Klipsch THX system we talked about in January I am glad to see you made it to the forum

I strongly believe that the RB-75,RC-7,RS-7 and either 2- RW-12 subs or 1- RSW15

would be best in your room The open entertainment system you described would be perfect to sit 2 of the RB-75s in flanking your Big Screen at ear level If you go for the RF-7 you would have no room to put a subwoofer up front and would be forced to put it in a secondary location this is not optimal for multichannel or 2 channel listening also a quick room mode calculation showed that 2 -RW-12s would smooth out modes in your room and provide a smoother response than a single RSW-12 The RSW 15 has enough low end grunt to overcome the modes but is more costly than the 2-RW-12s. The RW-12s will give up some low end extension but are very good performers for the $$

I cant do much about the Tax issue you will have to write Arnold about that one :)

but I can say we are an authorized Klipsch dealer and the internet site you showed me is not

If you want to come back out when we get more RB-75s in stock just give me a call

hope this helps