• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 12/31/2003 1:20:47 AM PinchyCM wrote:

how do you have your two sws set up?

----------------

I stack em and put them under my desk for now. I need to rearrange my room this weekend so that I can put them in the corner. Maybe I should order a few more for downstairs. 9.gif

So guys...

Do any of you notice any degradation from your main speakers by plugging them into the back of the SWS and then plugging the SWS into your soundcard?

I heard some people had problems with that...

I think SWS's would be better than a home theater solution for me at this point. I took back my sony sub finally today. Might use the money to re-purchase a "better" solution. My dorm room at college is pretty small though...

I hear that the santa cruz is better than the audigy for music and such. Plus I'm sure I can get a cruz for cheap on Anandtech or something. And I hear that the drivers for those SB cards are full of crap that most people will never use.

Audigy sounds better because its 24bit, however the software for the cruz is much better and the virtual5.1 is much much better then the audigy and audigy2 cmss crap. I got the a2 and after about 2 months of use, put my cruz back in. I really want to get a revo at this point, except im not sure how the software works. One thing that really bugged me about the a2 is the SLOWNESS of the software. HEll i would double click on the control panel and 4 seconds later it would open up. This is xp2400, good lord thats outrageous!

I know, i was considering doing that....in fact, im gonna try it later....but for now, ive been disturbing the neighbors with my wall shattering sound. Also, ive been looking to get some HQ cables for the sub, but havent got around to doing it. Any one knows where i can get like 2-3ft subwoofer cable? I dont like Crutchfield or bestbuy that much, their prices are somewhat high.