Max power and tweeter adjustment

kingsfull

I just purchased a new HT/Music system using (2)RF35,(1)RC35 and (2)RCR5 (for in ceiling mount). I also bought a Denon 1804 reciever and Denon 1815 DVD player. I have two questions. The RCR5 speakers show a maximum power of 50 watts. The Denon 1804 provides 90 watts. Can I adjust power output of the reciever? Will it destroy my speaker? Product specs also show a maximum of 200 watts?

My second question is about the tweeter adjustment on the RCR5 speaker. It has a button for either 0db or -3db. What will this change and since I am using these for rear surounds is one position better than the other?

Thanks in advance.

No manuals? I am not familiar with your Denon but, I would think there would be some kind of level matching controls for center and rear output. The 200 w rating is for short term peaks. Denon makes some descent amps, so I'd not fret some headroom power @ the amp. Your ears will let you know if your driving the speakers at high distortion levels. Just turn it down some.

As for the #2 question, push and hear what it does, at low volume of course. It should help you match the rears output level to the rest of the system. Good luck and have fun with your big boy toys.

" "Can I adjust power output of the reciever?"

Yes. It's called a volume control. Don't turn it clockwise enough to damage your speakers!"

2.gif

Your reveiver does not deliver 90 WATTS unless called upon,when you push the volume too high.Listen for any sign of audible stress and if present reduce the volume.This will limit the amp output to levels your speakers can cope and not push the amp into clipping(this is dangerous).

Yea-Yea I know dumb question. I bought my new speakers the other night and went to install them and noticed the issue about the power handleing. I was anxious to put them in and kinda panicked. I have sense installed the system and it is better than imagined. Thanks for the input.

The button on the front of the RCR-5 is a Treble Attenuation control. It's main purpose is the ability to lower high frequency information by 3dB in case, for example, the speaker is mounted near a window or other hard surface which causes some unwanted reflected/delayed sound.

PhilH

• Like 1