KLF-20's Really close to a RPTV

space_cowboy

Just wondering, I don't think (but really have no idea) that the KLF-20's are shielded. Do RPTV's suffer the same as tube TeeVee's from close placement of un-shielded speakers? The KLF-C7 sometimes sitting on top doesn't seem to influence the picture. I know I should actually test it, but thought about asking first.

Thanks

KLF 20's are NOT shielded,and will impair the convergence on a rptv if set fairly close to it. The C7 is NOT shielded either,but it is most likley far enogh away from the projection lenses that there is no noticable difference,that and the fact that the magnets are much smaller than the 20's.The obvious solution is to move them away from the tv,another is to purchase bucking magnets(obtained cheaply thru parts express) and glue them to the backs of the magnets on the KLF 20's. Hope this helps.

Whoooaa....back the truck up LOL. I was told that with RPTV I wouldn't have such a problem as I did with my 27" tube TV. I do not have a whole lot of room to move my KLF-30's to the sides so about how much space we talking here between the TV and speakers? I was planning to set mine fairly close toe'd in at the front about 4-6" leaving the rear maybe 8-10" just a rough figure right now, BUT is this going to not work?

----------------

On 1/1/2004 2:21:24 PM Joe Shmoe wrote:

Whoooaa....back the truck up LOL. I was told that with RPTV I wouldn't have such a problem as I did with my 27" tube TV. I do not have a whole lot of room to move my KLF-30's to the sides so about how much space we talking here between the TV and speakers? I was planning to set mine fairly close toe'd in at the front about 4-6" leaving the rear maybe 8-10" just a rough figure right now, BUT is this going to not work?

----------------

RPTV's are just must less sensitive to this problem than normal CRT tv's.

• 2 weeks later...

placing the 20's on each side of an RPTV should not cause any problems.

remember, the guns for these are in the middle of the set.

I have my Forte II's pretty close from the RPTV and no issues.

my KLF-C7 sits on a stand right in front of the set, which is very close to the crt tubes. no issues with it and should not have since it is shielded.