old and new price for Lascalas

firefighter

Oh...the slippery slope of audio upgrades. Today it's speakers, tomorrow it's a receiver, the next you're into separates. Lot's here have been on that journey, me included. No more looking behind you, it's time to forge ahead. Good luck my friend.

I don't know how much they went up in 5 years, but in early 1980 I bought a new pair of stained La Scala's for $1300.

I still have the check I wrote. The bank called to verify it because I was shaking when I wrote it, so it did not look like my writing.

I recently check on the price of new LaScalas.

yes they are $4000 or $4100 with the top grills.

after talking to the salesman I deal with, he could only go with the a 10% discount on them. he said the margin is tight on these compared to the other Klipsch lines which they have more play with.

mbajnr,

I live in Charleston S.C. paid $800 for them. They are from the original owner with the owners manual and a framed promotional poster. I asked on this forum what would be a fair price for the 1985 unfinished birch Lascala and was told $700-$900. After looking on Ebay for little over a year that estimate is pretty close, depending on the finish and condition it could be a bit higher. I checked other internet sites and found that they are selling anywhere between $700-$1300. I would first ask in this forum if anyone has Lascalas for sale as these members are more likely to have quality well taken care of equiptment than just anyone selling on ebay. It seems that more speakers are located in the midlands to the west coast, if your are in driving distance you could listen before buying and save a good amount on shipping. I waited a year (long time to wait) and got lucky, these Lascalas were 15 minutes from my house. Well worth the wait.