I need more and more advice

Timmikid

Hello fellow Klipsch-fans! It has been a few months since I discovered this forum. Then I asked our advice over choosing between rf7's or KSP400's with my 300B PP amp. Thanks for all your replies. They did help me only to realise that heritage is more my glass of wine.3.gif Since then I listened to Heresy's and Cornwalls and fell in love.16.gif I also investigated how much it would cost me to ship the recently on this forum sold Belles to Holland by TNT... 1000,- (14.gif ). I have to tell you guys; there is no 2nd hand market in Klipsch in Holland and new they are almost twice as expensive as in the states. It's not fair!15.gif . To cut a very long story short, I have some questions again: Who has experience shipping stuff to Europe on acceptable terms? Who has something nice to offer me? Do the Belles need the perfect corners as the Khorns do? And... something off-topic: I'm looking for a headphone, what about the tube-amped Stax or do you prefer Grado?

I will also pay a short visit to the USA soon (arrival 25th of january). I will visit friends in Spring Valley, San Diego and might even take a trip up North to Portland, OR. If one of you live in the vicinity (?) of San Diego I would be thrilled to be able to come and listen to one of your set-ups.

Friendly greetings, Tim.

Maybe, see you soon?1.gif

Perhaps a more feasible route would be to have a woodworker make cabinets for you locally. Drivers and lenses would surely be cheaper to ship, and some crossovers are very simple to make. Beware that there are some inaccurate plans circulating (eBay) for Klipsch Heritage out there. Good luck!

Welcome back to the forum.

If you fell in love with cornwalls and heresys, I'd wait for an audition before buying belles. They are wonderful speakers but have a different sound than cornwalls. Cornwalls have deeper sounding bass while giving up a little in the midrange. Belles, Lascalas and K-horns have horn-loaded woofers while the CWs and Heresys do not.

Good luck with your search and hopefully a west coast member can help you out when you visit.

Belle's do not need corners as Khorns do. On shipping, I'd be interested to hear what it costs to ship such heavy items to Europe, but if you are pleased with Heresy's, then I would be hard pressed to imagine that the fractional improvements gained from the big horn speakers would be worth the cost. Of course, this comes from the keyboard of Khorn owner who can imagine, and probably will someday be perfectly happy with a Heresy system, with sub support.

Big Daddy,

I have both. You won't be "happy" but you will be impressed and be content with Heresys and a sub. Happy ears are Khorn ears.1.gif

Tim,

Even with shipping, whats that $3000US for a pair of used Belles an little less for Lascalas? Still beats the pants off any thing else!

Rick

Thanks for quick replies;

BClarke: Mmm, being an absolute beginner and not knowing any good woodworker, I'd like to see and listen before I invest.

Garymd: Yes, I know, I'd love to hear belles soon. Maybe little less bass, but a more balanced speaker allover?

DaddyD: Belles do not need corners like Khorns do, That gives them extra points on my judgement list. This must also be for La Scalas?

3dZapper: Yeah, ok $3000,- is maybe cheap, but still a lot of money 2.gif

And it's a big decision to make not having seen, heard or touched them. (That's why I need you guys to help me judge and decide1.gif )

Don't forget my headphone question!7.gif9.gif

No Klipschers in/around San Diego?10.gif

Tim,

Being a European Klipsch lover is difficult aint it (and expensive).

Here is Greece I am told there is one pair of Cornwalls and 5 pairs of Belles.

Not a big market locally in the used market and the prices - just dont talk about the prices.

As for shipping from the US. Unless you actually send them by ship in a container it is going to be horrendously expensive. Also check out possible import duties before you do it. I discovered that Greece will slap a 100% import duty on any product coming from the US in this way. not only that but they asign the original value to the product before applying the duty. In other words if they say these are $5000 speakers they want an additional $5000 and there aint a whole lot you can do about it.

BTW - building a pair of speakers it not nearly as difficult as you might think. I am a 10 thumb bio-hazard when it comes to all things practical but even I managed to knock up a decent pair out of wood. Really enjoyed it too.