CD and Turntable connecting cables

kuisis

I have just taken delivery of these:

http://www.vandenhul.com/cable/d-102-3h.htm

I am using the unbalanced version and they seem to do a fine job now that they have either run-in or I have gotten used to them depending on what you believe on such things.

They are not the strongest in bass response but the mid-range and highs are superb. A very musical alternative to the cables I had before..

----------------

On 1/13/2004 2:03:04 AM kuisis wrote:

What interconnecting cables do you think would be best for hooking up a scott 222c to a cd player and a turntable?

----------------

kuisis,

What turntable are you using that needs it's own interconnect? If the TT requires ICs, don't use the same type of IC for both CD and TT. A TT IC has different internal wire requirements to provide best sound. DIY Cables sells a good Beldon type for a CD IC.

Klipsch out.

Sorry no. My TT cables are clearaudio sixstream and straight-through wired. I use one pair of the VDH cables to go from the Acoustic Signature Tango Phono stage to the Decware ZTPRE and one, longer pair from ZTPRE to amps.

I can say that overall I am very happy with VDH cables. I also use a pair of VDH speaker cables (again hybrids) that did wonders for me.

• 6 months later...

I am currently running Van den Hul D-502 between arm and preamp. Coupled with the teflon coated Van den Hul internal arm wire it is the best combination I ever had.

Go here:

http://www.vandenhul.com/index2.htm

If you don't have a nearby dealer, write them a letter and tell them that you want some but can't get it where you are. I am sure they will help you.