I Am Giving Up on Klipsch!!!

BigMike

Mike:

I lived in Temple Terrace until about 1995. And there is what appears to be a small stereo store (until you walk inside) off Bush Blvd., about 1/2 mile or so West of 56th. St. they carried McIntosh, which I use to drool over. But I remember them seeing some Khorns that they had on display. I'm sorry, but I can't remember the name of the store.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Mike I got my speakers from speaker exchange on Hillsborough Ave. The Klipsch regional sales guy told me that they were an authorized dealer. They gave me by far the lowest price I had seen. The number over there is (813)237-4800, ask for Glen and tell him that Russell Hammond referred you. He might give you the same pricing that I got. Good luck.

Steeler Fan info is above.

Gilbert, You are referring to Sensuous Sounds. They sell killer equipment. McIntosh, Paradigm, Krause, and a few others. I went there a few weeks ago to buy a set of Paradigm Studio 100's but ended up not liking the sound. Sounded like the midrange was missing. They no longer sell Klipsch though. If you like horns, listen to the Krause speaker they have. They are impressive.

Mike

Hey Dean...did you get your Khorns at the Terra Haute dealer? I was also thinking about going for new Klipschorns. My decision was largely made following the Jubilee blow out. At that time I thought that the reason that that speaker would not come to market was partially due to people like me who bought all of their Heritage speakers off of ebay (in addition to an admitted complete inability by Klipsch to come up with any marketing ideas? Geez, let a local college try it in a marketing class!).

Anyway, I don't feel that bad anymore as my closest Heritage dealer (per the web site) is in Terra Haute. Just a 200 or so mile jaunt. FROM CHICAGO!

Unbelievable.