I Am Giving Up on Klipsch!!!

BigMike

I think I am going to give up on Klipsch. I have been trying to demo a pair of RF-7's and an RC-7 for a while now in the Tampa area and cannot find an authorized dealer. Sound Advice dropped Klipsch. The only authorized dealer is a little home theater installer that I cannot reach. I give up. I have owned Klipsch for several years now and love them. I was planning on moving my RB-5's to the rear, selling my RC-3, and replacing the fronts with the RF-7/RC-7 set up. I could buy them online but it would be nice to at least listen to them first and I am afraid of the warranty thing. This sucks. The local Klipsch rep should be beating down the doors of some of the local speaker shops trying to get some representation in this area. Tampa is a big market. Enough whining. I am off to audition Paradigm Studio 100/CC-570 at my local authorized dealer.

Mike

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call:

AVC HOME THEATERS

805 COURT ST.

CLEARWATER, FL 33756

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

PHONE: 727-443-5816

FAX: 727-443-5750

I told him that you wanted to listen to the RF-7's and the RC-7 an he said they are on display. Isn't Clearwater pretty close to Tampa? Don't give up on Klipsch just yet my friend.

I sympathize with you Mike. I'm in the Tampa area also. Although I already have RF-7's I'm worried about the day Klipsch comes out with something new I feel like I can't live without. Bought mine at the local Sound Advice and even though they piss me off sometimes, one can still get a good deal there if they are patient. Got my Reference setup on one of those buy one speaker, get the second for half price. They even gave me 25% off on the RC-7. Got the RF7's,RC7 and RS7's for $2800. Pretty good deal for an authoized local dealer.

Now the only place is like you said, one of those home theater installers. No deal to be had there I'm sure.

I've got the same problem with Rotel. The only authorized dealer is a home theater installer. I'm interested in the new 1068 pre/pro coming out soon. Rotel is going to loose a sale.

Klipsch needs to find a new retailer who will discount a little around here. This is a large market. Hope they are listening!

BigMike... Very sorry to hear about your troubles... I am lucky there are a few places here in my area.

However, if you believe in "chance", take a chance. You won't be dissapointed. I have had my RF7s for about a year and a half now and I am will still put in a CD or what have ya and become amaized at how good they sound.

----------------

On 1/13/2004 6:16:12 PM SteelerFan wrote:

Klipsch needs to find a new retailer who will discount a little around here. This is a large market. Hope they are listening!

----------------

I can sympathize also! The Tweeter here was the only dealer with in the local area that carried Klipsch, short of driving some 50 miles north in some of the crappiest traffic in the country.

To give an example. This past Sunday, while I was looking at some car audio stuff at the above mentioned Tweeter, I witnessed one gentleman drop $32,000!! on a complete 5.1 Martin-Logan setup (One pair Ascents, Descent Sub (I think two, but don't remember), The Cinema center, and one pair of the surrounds), a B&K Ref 50 pre/pro and B&K Ref 200.7 amp (wants to bi-amp the fronts, thus the extra two channels), the Yamaha LX-500 front projector w/ screen (forget which model and size), and nearly $9K in cableing (I believe Monster M2.2 all the way around for the speakers - a 50ft run was something like $1400). I don't know which DVD or other sources he is using though. The guy financed $10K of it just so he could take advantage of a 10% discount! He'll probably pay that off with the first bill, since I was told he made better than $25,000 per month!.

The reason I bring this up is because he said he wanted Klipsch Reference 7's but could not because they are no longer carried there!. I even told the salesman that I would have been more then happy to give them a ride over to my place and let the guy listen to my setup, especially since I lived less then 2 miles from the dealer! Klipsch definitly needs to get more representation in the area - perhap even re-open ties with Tweeter would be nice.

Sound Advice in St. Pete (Tyrone) has occasionally had some Klipsch lately. Just before Christmas I say a pair of RB35's they had on the clearence table. There was also a pair of KLF10's a month prior to that. Sure they're not the ones you want, but you might get lucky one of these days and find a pair there. Now that I think of it, there is a speaker repair shop in Tampa that sells Klipsch. I think the The Speaker Exchange 1250 Hillsborough Ave, Tampa, FL 33604 (813) 237-4800.

I'm sure Klipsch is in the middle of addressing this. At any rate, how bad do you want them? I drove from Ohio, across the state of Indiana to get my Klipschorns. Hey, look at this way -- buying Klipsch is REAL adventure!

Man, don't buy the Paradigms -- how boring.

Guest Anonymous

I guess I am very fortunate to have a great Klipsch dealer less than 1.2 miles from my home,just last week had them order some new grill cloth for my Cornwalls 1.gif

I am visiting my Mother-In-law in Fort Myers and at the Sound Advice here there are a pair of RF-7's that someone had for only a few months and traded them in for some supposed "high end" speakers. They want $700.00 each, but I am sure you could get them down. I passed since I just scored a beutiful pair of KLf 30's down here and I habve to rent a trailer to get them back to Arizona. Oh the things we do.

Let me know how you make out.

Best of Luck

Mike

• Klipsch Employees

Mike,

If you will send me your email address and phone number I will have the rep for FL call you and help you contact a dealer that has RF-7's for you to hear. We know that there are a lot of areas that do not have a local dealer right now. We are sorry for that. However, how things ended up this way is, IMO, understandable. We had Tweeter / sound advice as dealers for a long time. They with others made up about 30% of our sales. They were selling product, but not in the way that Klipsch wanted. Because Klipsch stood our ground on the matching of systems and the rep. of our name, we came to the point of telling these dealers that it is our way or the highway.

Paul Jacobs tells about this in the news section of our site. He does a much better job then I. http://www.klipsch.com/news/press.aspx?cid=154

Email me at trey.cannon@klipsch.com

I will do what I can to help.

Dont give up; we still want you as a customer.

You may want to vent to Klipsch first hand. If you contact Alvin Klement of Klipsch Audio Technologies office in St Lucie he should be able to hook you up with their sales rep in your area. Alvin's mobile number is 407-319-4900. His eMail is alvin.klement@klipsch.com.

Good luck in finding those 7's to listen to. If all else fails you have an invitation to come here to my home in West Palm to listen to them under real home theater conditions.

Jerry Rappaport

"Because Klipsch stood our ground on the matching of systems and the rep. of our name, we came to the point of telling these dealers that it is our way or the highway"

The unfortunate flip side of this coin is that you can now buy klipsch products at sears. At least you can save time and check out the Jensen speakers while you're there.

Very poor statement roscoe. As you have read Trey was kind enough to provide the solution. Not sure how many other speaker manufactures provide a forum like our friends here at klipsch do, let alone monitor the site to be able to assist and answer questions we may have. Of course as always this is MHO.

I second ScooterDog's comment. The moderator was referring to the Reference Speaker line, which, IMHO, SHOULD be removed from dealers who do not set up and demo them correctly. As many of us who own these great speakers can attest to, they need to be set up correctly and paired with the right upstream electronics to sound their best. Dealers who are unable or unwilling to do so should get the boot.