I Am Giving Up on Klipsch!!!

BigMike

Mike I live in Tampa as well there are a couple of dealers here. I have contacted the sales rep for florida he is very helpful, here is his email address Alvin Klement . Drop him a line and he will help you out. I am actually going down to AVC this Saturday to demo the RF7 line. Hope this helps and if you have any questions let me know.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to apologize for me previous statement, and I agree that it was inappropriate. I have reference series speakers and i love them dearly. What I was trying to express, is my frustration as someone who enjoys the reference line and is finding them more difficult to locate. While at the same time, the synergy series is more available than ever. I do understand why things have to be this way. Sorry to cause a commotion.

Thanks for all of the responses. I am trying to call AVC as we speak. I am glad to hear that they have the set-up I am looking for available to demo. I listened to the Paradigm set-up this morning and was impressed. The speakers sound great. I then made the mistake of listening to the McIntosh LS-360's in the same room. Big mistake. They made the Paradigms sound not quite so good. It sounded like there was no mid-range to mid-bass on the Studio 100's. Just treble and bass. The Macs were $7500 with no negotiating allowed. Take it or leave it type of deal. I left it.

Uh oh. Bad development. I just spoke to the folks at AVC and was told that they just became a Klipsch dealer and would not have any speakers available to demo until they moved into there new store. This just sucks. CAZ1604, are you sure you spoke with the right people? Oh well, off to demo JM Labs in St. Pete. My next step is to order a set of Axiom M80's for an in home trial. They are getting rave reviews.

Mike

Well, Im located in Orlando, Not many dealers around here, Yea I can get some stuff at Best Buy but not everything. There is a shop listed on Klipsch's dealer locater thats out in Melbourne Fl, Guess I gott drive another 70 miles. Im looking to find a nice center for my Cornwall's and Heresy's

----------------

On 1/14/2004 2:48:11 PM BigMike wrote:

Uh oh. Bad development. I just spoke to the folks at AVC and was told that they just became a Klipsch dealer and would not have any speakers available to demo until they moved into there new store. This just sucks. CAZ1604, are you sure you spoke with the right people? Oh well, off to demo JM Labs in St. Pete. My next step is to order a set of Axiom M80's for an in home trial. They are getting rave reviews.

Mike

----------------

I just spoke to Steve Capuro with AVC and he initially told me the same thing that AVC just became a dealer and won't have them in for a while. I then told him that I called yesterday and that I was told that they are on display, he put me on hold, came back and said that I was correct, they are on display. I told him you would call him back, ask for Steve Capuro.1.gif

CAZ1604,

I just called back and they told me that they now have the RF-7/RC-7 available to demo. Thanks for the advice. I am going to check them out this week. The only problem is that prices are full retail msrp... Oh well, I guess we can't have good local authorized dealers and good prices. That would be asking too much.

tillmbil,

I spent all afternoon Saturday at Sensuous Sounds. You are right, they have killer equipment. I am having Shawn design my projection system and acoustical treatment for me. They do great work. That is where I demo'd the McIntosh LS-360's and the Paradigm Studio 100's. The Macs kill. But at $7500 with no negotiating allowed, I cannot convince the wife that they are a necessary investment. The Paradigm's seemed to lack alot in the middle. I made the mistake of listening to the McIntosh and Krause speakers first. That was a stupid move. All else sounded weak.

Mike

----------------

On 1/15/2004 11:56:24 AM cluless wrote:

Wrap up them Speakers BBB, I'll give you May, June and September.

BUT
you'll have to wait until May, June and September.

----------------

May? June or September? Forget it Clu. No deal.

Ill only accept UPS (United Pesky Squirrels) Next Day Air.

And I KNOW you have the staff to deliver! He he he he

Vroooooooooom........flying squirrel.gif Look out! I've lost my tailwind!

Hey Mike I hope you read this. I also went by Senuous sounds this Wednesday and listened to the Paradigms. I have to replace my HT speakers with a thinner speaker so I gave them a listen. The Paradigms sounded great when cranked. The salesman (Dave) kept turning them up at probably 95db. When he would turn them down they sounded flat and weak. I am going to try and find some RF5's to listen to. Any idea where to audition them?

What did you end up doing? The Paradigm subs in that back room were incredible though. They have a 1200 watt one for $900 that rocks. I would not let them play the Macs. I know better.

I guess this is all relative. I live in a COUNTRY that doesn't have an authorized Klipsch dealer (Oman). I drove to the United Arab Emirates to get my 7's and can't tell you how glad I am that I did. Don't give up - even shipping costs within the US isn't too bad.

• 4 weeks later...