Pro Logic II vs. Pro Logic IIx

john4618

PLII is decoding that will turn a stereo signal into a simulated 5.1 format so you can utalize your whole 5.1 system with non didgital formats, and PLIIx is decoding that takes the same 2 channel signal but converts it into a simulated 7.1 format for newer 7.1 setups. If there are other differences I havn't heard them yet

JML

also, I know this is beating a dead horse around most forums, seeing people have been jabbering about the new yamis a lot lately, but how do you like the 2400? Did you buy from an authorized dealer or discounted online? I am considering that as an upgrade. The new denon 3805 that was introduced at CES looks like it's only competition

When I first got the RX-V2400 I had mixed feelings about it, but now that I've had it for several months, I do really like it -- although just for curiosity, I'd like to try a Denon 3803/3805 with my speakers just to see if there is any difference. I got it from etronics.com.

Does Pro Logic sound better for non-digital signals than your typical surround setting?

I've got a Pioneer VSX43TX receiver, and although I rarely watch TV...I've got my TV input set to THX Cinema. Since I am only getting an analog stereo signal, at best, would it be more beneficial to use Pro LogicII?

" and PLIIx is decoding that takes the same 2 channel signal but converts it into a simulated 7.1 format for newer 7.1 setups. "

It can also be used on top of 5.1 DD sources to expand the two surround channels into 4 seperate surround channels.

Shawn

i really love using ProLogicII with my XBox and N64, makes the listening more exciting. i havent used it with cable because the damn contractor that recently built the house did not put cable in all the bedrooms, so i wait till my dad finishes the basement to bug him about cable in my room. but before i used DD and DTS with a sub for dvd's, i used ProLogicII and it makes it more enjoyable i though then stereo. havent heard it compared to regular prologic, but its nice to use every once and a while.