I saw the coolest thing today.......

SickPuppy

Was at a customers house doing a furnace tune up and in the basement......a Macintosh collection! He had 22 Mac tube amps and 12 solidstate ones. All the tube amps were old at least they looked it model 40's 60's 225's He also had old fishers, citations, sherwood and many others, it was impressive as hell. He said the vast majority work, some don't. His home theater consisted of VTL tube equipment and a big ol 225 MAC in the center, He had a wall of accompaning equpment to control and play it all. It was puuurrrty......

In college I had a job servicing air conditioners. Some installation, some just checking for complaints.

One call was to a diamond cutting company. All the gems were put away in a vault. None the less it was interesting to see the turntables where they are polished.

I'll bet the phone repair people get to see some intersting stuff too.

Gil

"I'll bet the phone repair people get to see some intersting stuff too."

Gil,

I KNOW they do. I have a friend that is a phone company residential installer. All of his good stories are pretty creepy. Nothing dangerous, except to his marriage! He's had at least one proposal. A lot of the houses in the stories are too rickety to walk in. I think he left one job because there was a snake in the crawl-space where he needed to be!

He's never mentioned any cool audio gear.

This is pretty funny. What a nerd forum. Most men's stories about what the service man found on a call are usually racy or raunchy. I need to locate a text file to post. It is the "Girl's Guide to Geek Guys". Pretty cute and a definite complement to this thread. 9.gif