Bose

fzzytddybr1

As this is a Klipsch form,,,,,,,,,I can state with confidence that Klipsch will do an Excellent Job for you.

As far as Bose goes, maybe you should go to the Bose form and ask this.........................

Oh my goof! Bose doesn't have a FORM.....................

EDIT: Also your avatar isn't showing up.........................

Try this.

Go to your yellow pages.

Find a local Good Guys store.

Drive to said store.

Ask to demo Bose.

Ask to Demo Klipsch, ANY Klipsch.

Walk out with new Klipsch speakers :)

Seriously, a room that big will need some big speakers, try the reference series and an SVS, at www.svsubwoofers.com

Ill try to give an objective opinion. Many here think Bose is the devil. For me, maybe not the Devil, but at least his hyped second cousin. To be honest, I think some follow the crowd and cannot really hear the difference but figure it is cool to bash Bose. (This is not everyone here, just a few)

Bose has some speakers that are a nice mid range quality. However, they price and advertise them as the highest quality available. As most here will point out, this is not the case. Yes, Klipsch will outperform them and their bass modules are sad, but their higher end speakers are not so bad that I would put them in a KLH type category. (Im sure people here will differ with me). For instance, I do like their VC-10 (?) center for its form factor. However, if you can get away from looks, as most of us do for our subs, it can be outperformed by any Klipsch center and probably most true high-end systems for the same money.

----------------

On 1/18/2004 10:06:48 PM fzzytddybr1 wrote:

Will a bose system power up a 30 by 20 room?

----------------

The answer is yes and no. You did not give any specifications on the system you are looking at. It is possible to power the room no matter what the people here say. However, quality is another matter. I would always ditch their sub and put in something that can make up for the deficiencies in the speaker ranges. I would not put any of their cube systems in that size room.

Antagon is right, go the store and listen to the Bose and Klipsch or any other nice speaker system side by side and you probably will hear the difference. Remember, even if you try the Acoustimass and Quintets and can here a difference, neither of these is going to do a great job in that size room. One might be better, but still not good enough to really power the room. Good luck and take the advice thats given all the time. Use you ears, they will tell you what _you_ like better.

----------------

On 1/19/2004 5:27:14 AM Antagon wrote:

Try this. Go to your yellow pages. Find a local Good Guys store. Drive to said store. Ask to demo Bose. Ask to Demo Klipsch, ANY Klipsch. Walk out with new Klipsch speakers
:)

Seriously, a room that big will need some big speakers, try the reference series and an SVS, at www.svsubwoofers.com

----------------

To your point of "ANY Klipsch," I recently listened to the Bose $3000 HTIB system. The $400 ProMedia Ultra 5.1's sound better -- A LOT BETTER. Plus they're louder!

-Andy W

What do YOU think?

bose3.jpg

You might want to ask for a try-it-at-home test then post your results. We'd be interested in knowing what you think. I doubt you can find a 20x30 demo room at Bose. Realistically, these drivers cannot move much air so "filling" a room that size with good life-like sound waves is unlikely.

post-10956-1381925151693_thumb.jpg

I'm assuming that you are referring to the Bose Acoustimass system (the small cubes), as opposed to a more traditional bookshelf or floorstanding model (Bose does make those too).

The Acoustimass would not be able to fill up a 20x30 room. I have a 20x20 room w/ 9 foot ceilings and although I've never had a Bose system (and I never will), I can't imagine it doing justice to a room of that size.

The satellites are simply too small and even w/ their deflecting/defracting technology which purports to act like dipolars, a room of that size will still sound a bit empty. And the Bass Module (remember: no subwoofers for Bose) would certainly not be able to provide any real impact in a room half that size. Trust me, I have two friends w/ an Acoustimass, and it struggles to sound full in a small basement rec room.