Fair price on used K-Horns?

Merscruggs

My new 2003 Klipschorns were dealer-contracted for in October 2002 for $6500.00. They have the light oak finish. The price included shipping, delivery and installation with Monster cable-quality wire. They were delivered April 1, 2003. Given that these speakers can run with high end ones ones costing $10,000 on up into the stratosphere, I think I got a good deal.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DT,

Yes, if you have the available money, buying new is great.

But Klipsch did such a fine job building Heritage through the years that old ones still hold up. Newly made Heritage speakers are in competition with old ones on eBay, not much at all with other speakers by other companies.

When I still subscribed to Stereophile a decade or so ago I remember reading about Wilson Audio something-or-others (WAMM's), "Wilson Watt/Audio Puppies" and such. They were enormously expensive back then. I guess the company is still around.

Back in the 1970's I attended an audio show in Washington D.C. that included a demo of then Infinity Reference Standard speakers at around $40,000 per pair. They were really beautiful, Stonehenge-like structures, two high woofer column cabinets with eight 12-inchers apiece and two similarly tall and broader midrange- and electrostatic tweeter cabinets. Also had a chance to hear them later at a now long defunct audio dealer called Excalibur in Alexamdria, VA. They were quite something. And quite impractical.

As I said in my earlier reviews on this forum of my new Khorns, they, as relatively inexpensive speakers in that league, just sit skootched back and down rather unobtrusively in their corners and put out marvelous sound. Hats off to PWK. Really.

At the age of 61 I did buy the Khorns as heirloom-quality speakers, and I don't think they will disappont in that respect, either. Tom

Guys, dont you think we should get the classic Klipsch corner Khorn serial numbers before popping off estimates of their resale value how many times have the loudspeakers offered turned out to be something different based on their serial numbers?7.gif