Merscruggs

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well Kelly, I guess that was kind over the top, as you would say. LOL

Still, the lowballing is kind of low budget. If a person can't afford to pay the true value of something, they should wait until something more affordable comes along. I just don't think Klipschorn users looking for a sale here should get beat up just because they want a fair deal.

----------------

On 1/24/2004 2:19:07 AM DeanG wrote:

I think many of you dishonor Paul Klipsch with the low balling, and bring embarrassment to the Klipsch listening community. Actually, it kind of disgusts me.

If you land a killer deal on some vintage Klipschorns, say, for $1800 -- and then decide you would like them upgraded to the current standard (AK-4 crossovers and drivers) -- you are looking at $3600 total for your purchase.

You could probably get a really good deal on a 2002 model vehicle with low miles with a handful of scratches in the paint -- and hell, you might even get 1/2 off of the retail price. However, any attempt to buy that vehicle for much less and the salesman is going to walk you over to the other end of the lot.

Some of you need to start walking.

Jazzmansound has a very nice pair with the AK-3 crossovers, with PWK's signature. He's taken nothing but a beating here. His initial asking price was indeed too high, but after reading the posts -- he was willing to substantially reduce his price. I called him on the phone, and he was severely bummed by the responses. I had emails with Q-man, who straight out told me these were worth $3200 with The Signatures. Not everyone is willing to pay a premium for The Signatures, and I know I wasn't -- but for God's sake, don't respond like they are worthless -- we ARE talking about the pen mark made by the hand of The Man.

The newer they are the more you should expect to pay -- that is the way of the world. Get over it.

----------------

You were right the first post. I'm sure these would fit perfectly well with the right buyer, but definitely not with deal hunters.

Dean, right on the money. It seemed to take Jazz a while to realize that fair market was south of what he was asking. Obviously there are people here with the wallet to make an immediate decision; it's a question of how and in what manner you approach the sale. With all the bs and water that has flowed under the bridge, it might be a good idea for him to repost the sale with photos and his hard price, so he would be starting over!

----------------

On 1/24/2004 7:54:58 PM Guy Landau wrote:

You are right. You wont own them either, after you listen to mine.

----------------

Took more than 1000 posts but you have finally revealed that you have no use for Klipsch speakers. I guess it must be your goal to have the Klipsch Forum shut down too.

----------------

On 1/25/2004 9:55:55 PM mike stehr wrote:

Walnut Heresey's seems good for for $325, I bet you could haggle if you were local to the area.
----------------

That would beat Ebay's going prices if they are in good shape! I'd like to see pics on the Khorns, too.

If I weren't 3000 miles away, that would be nice too.

Uhg. C'mon Guy. The ad only tells you there are some Klipschorns available. It doesn't tell you the year, the condition, nada. The Devil that you know is better than the Devil you don't. At least we know something about Jazzmansound's K-horns. Besides, consensus among the hardcore says they are worth $3000 or so. Not bad really.