New Klipsch HTIB at CES

kev313

Notice how many time they use the phrase " 'cube based systems' "? I think that everyone knew EXACTLY what market Klipsch was shooting at. And if those "other guys" (cough-Bose-cough) can get that kind of jack for their systems, why not Klipsch?

John

The system has very unique drivers in the sub and in the satellites and is DSP controlled to deliver impressive sound from moderate size satellite speaker enclosures. We believe there is a sizable market for a product that looks good, sounds good and offers great ease of use and setup. We do not believe there is any such product on the market at this time.

from the don't go there file...it is interesting to see Klipsch take a chance on a unique product that appears to far outstrip similarly designed products (i.e. other prepacked home theater systems)in terms of price.

Why can't we see a similar attitude with respect to the Jubilee?

I get the feeling not everyone realizes that the KES-6100 is a complete system - i.e. universal DVD player (DVD-Audio & SACD), 100W per channel amp, powered sub, 6 sats, etc. The THX Ultra2 system announced earlier is just speakers (with, of course, the powered sub).

----------------

On 1/23/2004 10:08:58 AM Trooper wrote:

I get the feeling not everyone realizes that the KES-6100 is a complete system - i.e. universal DVD player (DVD-Audio & SACD), 100W per channel amp, powered sub, 6 sats, etc.

----------------

What I am curious about is who is producing the DVD/SACD/decoder/amp unit for Klipsch? Is that something being produced by the Mondial part of the company, or is it produced by a third-party manufacturer (Denon? Sony? other?). From the pictures I've seen, it certianly looks like it'll be more than capable of outdoing the "cube-based" systems from that certain B-word manufacturer (as well as from probably just about everyone else).

----------------

On 1/21/2004 7:21:22 PM kev313 wrote:

And it costs four grand!!!

High end HTIB. That's an interesting market.

----------------

Yeah, but look what else costs nearly as much, especially since you'll need to add a universal player to it to get the same functionality of the Klipsch system. Plus the cables - oops, wait - that thing does not have 5.1 line-in jacks - you'll have to just go with stereo input. Oh well, no great loss anyway - looks like they are discontinuing that product.

The Klipsch setup does not sound like a bad deal after all 11.gif.