SWS Unavailable

Krillian Hex

If my gf finds out i buy more speakres, shes gonna kill me. Of couse whenever we have parties and she gets a lil 80 proof in her, she loves my bass and can't get enough.

my dad is a idiot, I had both the ultras and sws on the floor, and he walks in.. and goes

"What are these boxes for"

I lol'ed so hard.

Look in the 5.1 section, thread......Clear speaker wire and read the post there. Its, well.........a bit of overkill..........BUT I LOVE IT! Especially when I play certain Hip Hop, RAP, and bass type songs........it is strong!!!!!!!!! But when playing heavy metal, classic rock, country rock (like early Eagles), pop, etc, I have to make adjustments so it doesnt over power. But, man do they make a difference........at least to my ears. I love them, and I am glad I have ALL 5.........I have 6........but the wife.......*****ed, and I gave her one for the hand me down Promedia 5.1.......I had........I'll divorce her if she asks for another.........LOL,

i'm pretty sure 5 SWS's would blow a RSW-12 out of hte water at 45hrz, granted the qualliy of the RS will be a lot more crips, but for pure output at 99 dollars each, you really can't touch the SWS. the only problem is hat is output below 35 ~ 30 hrz. But most music doest touch this range.

30Hz is very low and the fact that the ultras hit that is amazing. 20Hz is extremely low and you are going to have to go Home Theater for that. THere are limitations to what a MM set can do, even Klipsch's. The Ultra sub plus at least 1 SWS is a excellent combo. I woudn't get more than 2 SWS subs.

Hmm, thats something i havent looked into yet. I didnt know the new klipsch could go that low. I have the 5.1 model, not the ultras and i thought i was satisfied. I will have to give the new ones a look-see. Dammit, another $400 is going to fall out of my pocket. I hate it when that happens.

I have 3 at the momemnt, but they still dont reach the lows that i want. They are awesome for impact bass like music or a punch in the matrix, but to rattle the floor when the treebeard in LOTR walks is unheard...or should i say not felt. I was thinking about this all day at school, i think im just going to buy another sub that reachs low...really low and connect it to the sws.

Well, that im getting regardless because i plan on fixing up my home theater set in the living room. But its a little too pricey for my comp....i was thinking something more low end but can reach lows because thats all i need. I have the punch 40+hz with the sws, enough to put a hole in a 5 ft thick piece of rhino skin, but i want the lows that just rattle the ground without being heard.

Hmm, after checking the freq range on both the 5.1s and the Ultras, they both go down to 25hz. I dont think i will be getting the new ones unless Klipsch release a more powerful 6.1 system...now that is an improvement and a reason to buy in my book.

But im still for another sub, either sws or something that reaches low.