tweeter swap for 1993 k-horns...makes sense?

sunnysal

In the never ending search for sweeter top end I am now wondering if a swap of my tweeters or squaker driver might be a possiblity...I hacve an ALK x-over installed and I assume my tweeters use ceramic magnets...could upgrading to alnico versions or maybe another brand do something? I suppose swapping out for TAD or JBL pro stuff might do something but then I would have to futz with the x-over right? so...just fishing for any thoughts on how to improve the top end of my k-horns...regards, tony

quote:

Originally posted by Al Klappenberger:

Tony,

Don't dump your K77M for an alnico version. The "M" is the better tweeter.

AL K.

I own one pair of K77 and one of K77M...never been able to hear any subsantial difference, maybe because I'm not able to make an A/B listening test? I suspect that if I mount the M's instead of the alnico I currently use, I won't notice the difference...because of the time it asks to get them fitted...

The belgian Klipsch dealer, tough, said to me that the alnico version was far less harsh-sounding...??

Frans

• 1 month later...

"Hi, I am sorry, mistyped the link try again (hate these long adresses)" Surely you jest! Just click on the address bar, then click on Edit, then click on Copy, go back to the dialog box and click on where you want it, click on Edit, then click on Paste.