PC Ultra on order!!!!!!!!!!

kev313

----------------

On 1/25/2004 8:48:03 PM kev313 wrote:

Home theater is now coming together. Can't wait until the PC-U goes into the 12x13 room. ohhh...that's gonna be a lot of bass!

----------------

I'm sure you'll be happy with it, unless you're related to TheEAR...;).

I had a single CS Ultra/Samson S1000 in a 12'*13'*8' room for some time and I was thrilled with it's performance.

Well la-tee-da... "I use 12 subs!" Dosen't anyone else ever get sick of your constant bragging? I've been here for over 3 years and that's all you really do. Sometimes one has to read between the lines but bragging is all you do. Everyone is guilty of bragging somewhat from time to time but thats all you ever really do! Man, give it a rest for awhile.....

----------------

On 1/26/2004 10:55:29 PM TheEAR wrote:

You are very irritated I see.Irritation can be cured!

1.gif

Ok pal I will keep my tone down.This year's resolution brag no more than 5% of the time.

A great deal for ya
----------------

I thought you were going to suggest he buys more subwoofer to cure his irritation1.gif...that's what I would have said.

Well, I've only got one sub but it will smoke any 1000 of DerEAR's! And I'm gonna do some braggin'...

Here are the specs:

Displacement 18,700 tons submerged

Length 560 feet overall

Beam 42 feet

Draft 36 feet

Propulsion Steam Turbines, Propeller Shaft

Reactor Pressurized Water

Speed 25+ Knots Submerged

Manning 16 Officer/156 Enlisted on Alternating Crews

Strategic Weapons 24 C4 SLBM's (726-733), 24 D5 SLBM's (734-743)

Defensive Weapons 4 21 inch tubes for MK48 Torpedoes

Trident.jpg

Talk about your seismic bass!

BB

See, now that's funny! Not irritiated in the least.... just would be nice to see someone post without someone else answering the post with a "mine is bigger than yours" comment, thats all. I have two subwoofers and although they are not in the $1,500.00 each range they do just fine if you all wanted to know:) I bet I have one of the if not THEE nicest layout of most anyone here but I say nothing cause it makes me look silly to brag. Oooops, I guess I just did.

----------------

On 1/26/2004 10:20:12 PM iXtreme wrote:

Well la-tee-da... "I use 12 subs!" Dosen't anyone else ever get sick of your constant bragging? I've been here for over 3 years and that's all you really do. Sometimes one has to read between the lines but bragging is all you do. Everyone is guilty of bragging somewhat from time to time but thats all you ever really do! Man, give it a rest for awhile.....

----------------

some of us learn to deal with it.

Buy ya, ear is ear and hes got a nose for subs =P

Well that is one of 3 trident submarines. I called one of those home for nearly 10 years.

Yep the front little antenna is the radar mast, then the shorter two front masts are the periscopes, then the multifunction masts for radio and gps, then the short stubby mast is the GPS mast.

Ahhhhhh sometimes I miss it but when I get to walk into my house and sleep in my bedevery night those feelings are subsided.

----------------

On 1/27/2004 12:05:19 AM iXtreme wrote:

See, now that's funny! Not irritiated in the least.... just would be nice to see someone post without someone else answering the post with a "mine is bigger than yours" comment, thats all. I have two subwoofers and although they are not in the $1,500.00 each range they do just fine if you all wanted to know:) I bet I have one of the if not THEE nicest layout of most anyone here but I say nothing cause it makes me look silly to brag. Oooops, I guess I just did.

----------------

Are you talking about the best stereo, HT, or PC setup?

The Oskar reached a max length of 'only' ~508 ft. in its second iteration, the Oskar II, though its beam is 60 feet while it displaces some 24,000 tons. Of the umpteen Oskars built, only 9 remain in service. Of course, its payload dwarfs to insignificance compared to that of the Typhoon and Trident.

The Typhoon is truely a beast. 575 feet in length, 77 ft. beam, 37 ft. draught, 48,000 tons submerged displacement! And yet its payload yield is less than the Trident due to limitations of missile design and warhead size. Guidance systems are not up to the performance of those of the US. Six were built (a few say 7- mystery abounds!), only 2 are left in service.

Of the eighteen Ohio class subs, i.e., Tridents, built, all eighteen (4 are being converted to conventional weapons) are out there.

Somewhere...

BB

LOL, I had to chime in...

I do alot of lurking, and at first, it does get a little nerve racking to see the "penis envy" posts, but I've gotten over it. No big deal.

You have to remember, most people have a hobby (or two, or three, etc). And usually your main hobby is where you spend most of your effort, money, etc.

In my case, computers are my main hobby, not HT. So I don't have anywhere NEAR as good as system as most here. Matter of fact, I'd dare say my HT is probably on the very bottom of the posters here. Doesn't bother me though-It does what I want it to, sounds good to me, is astehtically pleaseing, and didn't require me to take out a second mortgage. Aside from computers, and electronics, I am also really wanting to become a private pilot-now you talk about an expensive hobby!!!

Now, having said all that-My Quintets are better than yours na na naaaaa na naaa na!

j/k

-Alan

----------------

On 1/26/2004 11:46:52 PM Bunsen Burner wrote:

Well, I've only got one sub but it will smoke any 1000 of DerEAR's! And I'm gonna do some braggin'...

Here are the specs:

Displacement 18,700 tons submerged

Length 560 feet overall

Beam 42 feet

Draft 36 feet

Propulsion Steam Turbines, Propeller Shaft

Reactor Pressurized Water

Speed 25+ Knots Submerged

Manning 16 Officer/156 Enlisted on Alternating Crews

Strategic Weapons 24 C4 SLBM's (726-733), 24 D5 SLBM's (734-743)

Defensive Weapons 4 21 inch tubes for MK48 Torpedoes

"<a
http://home.sc.rr.com/mixedbag/Sub/Trident.jpg">

Talk about your seismic bass!

BB

----------------

Sorry, but here's the EAR's new custom 'Typhoon Class' sub -

typhoonphoto1.jpg

Twice the wattage and more than 50% more enclosure volume in a cabinet that's so carefully crafted it's actually water-tight!! It packs a real 'punch'