Found replacements for the Heresy!

kenratboy

For some reason, I doubt that they'll sound as good... they are definitely NOT as pretty... and they are bass-reflex, while Heresy's are not... and they use piezoelectric mid/tweets... notice also, more than one tweet... I am not a fan of piezo's.

At the price those speakers are selling for new, you can just about imagine the quality of sound they'd have. I bet the mid-horns in a pair of Heresy's cost about as much as that whole speakers system.

I've heard several speakers similar to those with piezo midranges, and they all sounded, well, cheap. I couldn't live with them. About all they are good for is parties.

I'll stick with my Heresy's.

Dave

----------------

On 1/27/2004 9:44:20 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

your kidding right?????

Man I hope so.

PS If you want me to take your Heresies just in case, let me know..LOL.
----------------

Only if someone gives me some Heresy's in the first place 9.gif

I have noticed a trend recently (MTX also) that people want 'house speakers' (getto way car audio people refer to a stereo at home) for cheap that make lots of noise. I hope this trend isn't going to gain momentum. If it does, maybe we will see cheap POS 300 watt per channel receivers to drive big, cheap speakers.

Actually the things might sound pretty good, I'd expect them to have very good clarity and good dynamics. Piezos can be made to sound good and I've done so myself, you just need to go to a little trouble and know what you're doing. 25 years ago I made a pal some 2-ways with 12" CTS woofs (very similar drivers to those used in the Heresy at the time)and the 2000 hz piezos that sounded damned good, the fella still uses them.

For using piezos properly start with the info at the CTS website.

I hope this trend isn't going to gain momentum. If it does, maybe we will see cheap POS 300 watt per channel receivers to drive big, cheap speakers.

Isn't that what Radio Shack stuff is for? I am sure they have a 300 watt POS amp to fit your requirements! Along with speakers to boot!

----------------

On 1/29/2004 8:10:28 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

I hope this trend isn't going to gain momentum. If it does, maybe we will see cheap POS 300 watt per channel receivers to drive big, cheap speakers.

Isn't that what Radio Shack stuff is for? I am sure they have a 300 watt POS amp to fit your requirements! Along with speakers to boot!
----------------

It's all about marketing.

Rat Shack needs to start advertising getto blasters during commercial breaks on Jerry Springer, and offer on the spot financing or auto title loans to get the gear 9.gif