• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/30/2004 6:53:14 PM MarkBK wrote:

Smilin'

So how is it? If Piranha does not want the 222 let me know - I'm leanin toward that with mods
2.gif
BTW - did you get my email on the 555? if you still want a few let me know...

----------------

Mark, call me tomorrow I ahve an idea for all teh 555's we can get!!heh heh heh2.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/31/2004 1:56:08 AM tbabb wrote:

Steve...

Which 777 did you get?

Overall, SACD is more Analog like, especially when compared to CD. Having a high end CD player can close that gap though. The quality of the SACDs can also be of varying quality. The best discs are just superb and quite enjoyable.

BTW: I have the SCD-777ES and not the XA777ES. Sony and there dam confusing model numbers.

- tb

----------------

tb, I got the XA777ES, mint cond, sssssssssounds ggggggggreat, both redbook and sacd!!!!3.gif12.gif Thanks you for your generous offer, sometimes I just get ssssssssoooooooo impatient12.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/31/2004 2:05:09 AM NOSValves wrote:

MarkBK,

I was side tracked tonight I really meant to call you I love are chats ! I'm interested in either a 222ES or 555ES if I can swing the change I'll take the 555ES !! I'll call you this weekend and go over things.

Craig

----------------

Carig did I have something in my ears when we were talking about the sony's6.gif

----------------

On 1/31/2004 1:56:08 AM tbabb wrote:

Steve...

Which 777 did you get?

Overall, SACD is more Analog like, especially when compared to CD. Having a high end CD player can close that gap though. The quality of the SACDs can also be of varying quality. The best discs are just superb and quite enjoyable.

BTW: I have the SCD-777ES and not the XA777CE. Sony and there dam confusing model numbers.

this is the unit I have...

- tb
----------------

Steely Dan-Gaucho on SACD is superb IMHO 9.gif

----------------

Carig did I have something in my ears when we were talking about the sony's
6.gif

----------------

Nope I want something for my living room the Sony SCD-CE775 is hard to deal with compared to my 333ES on my main system mostly in redbook its pretty good with SACD. This upgrading is a real pain. I think the difference in all the current ES player is not huge there all good. Plus I would like a brnad new one to have SACDMods go through it rather then my 4 year old half wore out 333ES.

Craig

----------------

On 2/1/2004 12:16:18 AM smilin wrote:

----------------

On 1/31/2004 12:44:13 PM Piranha wrote:

It's not brand new. It's a demo.

----------------

Piranha, you should have got NEW
2.gif

----------------

I did get new. I thought the 222ES's that Tweeter has are demos? If they're new, I want one of those too. 2.gif

Smilin'

False alarm on the 555's My contact had his numbers screwed up - these were NOT the SDCD555ES - Oh well!! Also, got your message too late to call you Saturday. How's that 777 sounding?

I am trying a Philips 963SA - given a moderately good review from TAS (called is somewhat musical - warm and a little sloppy) Of course, they prefer the 5k to 20k players as usual.

----------------

On 2/3/2004 9:12:19 AM HeavyDistortion wrote:

"Ed, When are you selling your 777?"

Gary,

No time soon, I'm very content with it. I'm glad that you're happy with the 555ES. By the way, did you ever get your second one fixed?

Ed Hurdle

HeavyDistortion

----------------

Still in the shop Ed. Thanks for reminding me to call. They said they'll have an answer for me soon. Hopefully that means a new unit!9.gif How sweet would that be?

"I got the XA777ES, mint cond, sssssssssounds ggggggggreat, both redbook and sacd!!!!"

Smilin',

Congratulations on your purchase of an XA777ES. If you picked it up for $1000, you got an absolutely incredible deal. I paid $1500 for mine, and I think that I got an excellent deal. I'm glad that you're happy with the sound of the unit; now you know why I am so content with mine, as are most other XA777ES owners that I know.

Ed Hurdle

HeavyDistortion