Lascalas in Texas

3dzapper

Those were about 45 minutes away from me, but I didn't try for them. One reason was a similar thought about the crossovers, looked like they had been under water. Another pair of Industrial La Scalas I looked at on New Years Eve was not in much better condition and both tweeters were fried. I'm not electronically handy and think by the time you buy stuff like this, then replace crossovers, wiring, diaphrams, then refinish the cabinets, what price are you looking at then? I really want a pair of La Scalas and maybe one day the right pair will come along.

BTW, the MSRP of new Klipsch Horns seems to float around here, anyone have an idea of what new La Scalas might go for?

Thanks

Rust is common to the caps and inductors in Khorn and Lascala xovers. They are open to the humidity of whatever envrioment they are used in unlike those in sealed boxes. Unpainted iron in humid locations will rust. The light surface rust does not affect the function of the xover. By ruling out a small amount of rust on those components you may lose out on a bargain. Those Lascalas were so dirty I didn't think that they'd go over 5 or 6 hundred.

Somewhere out there is a set of Lascalas with a B1-B on them!3.gif

Rick