center channel

ptony619

I recently purchased a pair of brand new KSB 2.1's along with an Adire Audio Rava subwoofer. What model of Klipsch center channel should I buy. I'm thinking of the RC-25. I currently am using a Pioneer VSX-D711 receiver, but thinking of returning it and getting the Onkyo TX-SR501. But really my question is what Klipsch center channel to buy to go along with my current speaker setup, and should I keep the pioneer receiver or go with another (any suggestions)? I plan to use the 3.1 setup for a while. Budget for receiver is about $300.00, and for center $200-250. My listening area is small-medium. I am just starting, not yet ready for 5.1,6.1,7.1,YET.

Would you be interested in a new RC-35 ???

I just decided to sell my new RC-35 that Im currently using as my rear surround for a 6.1 system. Once I sell the RC-35 Im going to buy two RS-7s for my surrounds and then use my two RS-35s for my rear surrounds for a 7.1 system.

Im selling it for $265 (firm) and I will pay UPS Ground shipping costs. The RC-35 is only two months old and has only been used in a smoke-free environment. The RC-35 is in perfect condition -- no scratches or nicks. I will ship the RC-35 in the original double-boxed packaging with the manual. Msg me with any questions you may have.

"itsmyforte" is absolutely correct. The matching center speaker for the KSB-2.1 is the KSC-C1. Last time I looked on ebay, (20 minutes ago) there were no KSC models for sale. But, don't give up. Keep looking. I just saw two pair of KSB-S1 surrounds sell in the last couple of days that are the "perfect match" surrounds for you KSB-2.1's.

By the way, where did you find new KSB-2.1 speakers? They have been out of production for a couple of years now. Maybe you have a source for older model Klipsch speakers that many folks would be interested in. Please advise.

Finally, I have two pair of "perfectly matched" KSB-1.1's that I am about to replace. Let me know if you need any more of the KSB line (original boxes, paperwork, etc.)

I purchased the KSB 2.1's last year on ebay. They are absolutely in mint condition in original box along with original papers, for only $177.00 total. I got lucky I guess. I do not need any surrounds now, I intend on 3.1 setup for now. Do I really need to have a matching center channel? If not, whats the next available center? What about the SC-5, which I can get at Best Buy? Also if you could answer my second question, what about my receiver? I am really doubting the Pioneer that I have purchased at Costco. What suggestions do you have for me, willing to spend about $350.00 on a 5.1 receiver?