Walnut Belle's In Pittsburgh, PA - $1800

Frzninvt

Thanks for the link. I contacted, saw and heard the belles, bought and moved the speakers all in less than 24 hours. They were in beautiful shape, sound great and are playing right now. I'm in the midst of tweaking my system right now due to the change in speaker efficiency and system gain, volume control, and noise issues. Any special tips would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Congratulations

When I first showed up on the forum to announce the arrival of my KLF 30s one of our members congratulated me and warned me that I was at the top of a long, slippery and expensive slope. For me it has been quite a ride ! I replaced everything in my system within a year because the 30s were so revealling. The 30s were replaced after about 1 1/2 years with Klipschorns.

Enjoy those Beautiful Belles!

Thanks to all for the replies. To KCM keep looking as they are well worth the money. Ther is a pair on ebay now (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3075096119). While not yet as sweet as my previous LS3/5A's at low volumes and the midrange, which they are incomparable at, the dynamic range and scale of the Belle's presentation are fantastic. Questions; what's the best way to match your amp/preamp combination to allow your preamp volume control to be used in the upper center of its range to allow for better tracking, lower noise, etc. I had to replace the Moscode 300 I was using in my system with my old ARC D76 and its level controls (it's a better amp anyway but the heat and fussing with plugging it in bother my wife who's already on the edge with my hobbies). Lots of great information on this forum.