What is the difference between RF3 and RF3II

wrench_peddler

different response range, and some more really technically........ something a "listener" won't aware of.

Most says Ref 35 series are more fully covered for the sound and Ref 3II is more warmer etc. You just search 35 and 3II these 2 terms you will get lots in the forum(I asked one like a month ago).

But the thing I'm mostly aware of is............. Ref 3II series is much cheaper, for a college student like me I'm always going with similar things but much lower price(some shops even bring down their price to ref 25s level or even 15s!) 9.gif

The question was about the RF3 and the RF3II not the RF35. To my ear there is no difference but I do not have picky ears like some. If I was buying any of these two or lets say three speakers I would be more concerned with the price than anything else. If the price was equal I would go with the newer model.

----------------

On 2/2/2004 12:42:07 AM CO1 wrote:

The question was about the RF3 and the RF3II not the RF35. To my ear there is no difference but I do not have picky ears like some. If I was buying any of these two or lets say three speakers I would be more concerned with the price than anything else. If the price was equal I would go with the newer model.

----------------

Thanks for correction, I was deadly blind 14.gif

Btw the magnetically shield would be important if u place around other components. I did have speakers which were not shielded that ruined my monitor out within a year 15.gif

Internal Monster Z-series wiring, a slightly modified grill, and stronger feet.

The modification on the grill is that the bottom of the II series grill is angled, instead of flush with the bottom of the speaker... so that if the speaker is tipped slightly forward, for whatever reason, it won't rest on the grill and break the pegs off. The feet are supposedly a little bit stronger. Both of these parts are interchangeable (you can buy the stronger feet for the RF-3's). As far as the all the components in the speaker (the drivers and cross over), the specs and the housing.... they are identical (except for maybe that port, this is the first I had heard of that).

• Like 1