Klipschorn trouble with stereophonic image

grnytrny

I have purchase klipschorn E speackers resently, and have a problem of stereophonic image. They are placed in the long corner of the room (4m X 8m X 4m). The sound seems to come from the right channel when they play in stereo. What is funny, is that if I hear each speaker alone, they seem to play at the same power! When I play in 5.1 channel or in mono, this problem doesn't occur!

14.gif

Could someone give me a advice? 9.gif1.gif

Welcome to the forum!

Randy is right on. Because the Khorns are so far apart the loss of bass output from being out of phase is not as pronounced as with other speakers closer together. What you get is what you have, the effect of having two sound sources rather than a cohesant sound stage. How do I know? Like Randy, been there done that. reverse the wires on one side and you will be cured.

I'll send the bill in the mail.2.gif

Rick

I know this sounds obvious but besides phasing just try jiggling the wire to the woofer...I had my woofer cutting out from time to time (damn banana plugs!) and it sounded just like he mentioned. be sure the woofer is sounding on that side, not just the top section. then try the phase. tony