Possibly selling Cornwalls - would like advice

teleburst

----------------

On 2/11/2004 2:40:54 PM Kartracer77 wrote:

Cornwall was first introduced in 1959 and manufactured by Klipsch until 1985.

Cornwall II was first introduced in 1985 and manufactured by Klipsch until 1990

----------------

But that's not quite accurate, is it? The Cornwall II dates back to the late 60s, right?

I wonder if HBRbuilder could give a condensed, but complete timeline of the two series.

Also, a good question would be whether or not the midrange on my Cornwall, which seems to be shared with the "new" IIs was a rare occurance or whether they decided from late '85 on to drop the old midrange and use the new midrange in both models to simplify sourcing (especially since they were probably "winding down" the original Cornwalls at that point).

Finally, the last question to HBRbuilder would be, were pairs of Cornwalls generally bookmatched between the pairs or was that a rare occurance as well? I know that he's discussed the fact that single speakers were generally bookmatched. Did this extend to pairs as well? He's probably commented on this, but I couldn't find it in my searching. My pair is *definitely* bookmatched between the pairs.

BTW, I've struck a deal at $600 and so, the speakers are now off the market. Thanks for the interest!

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 2/11/2004 2:58:28 PM Frzninvt wrote:

Anyone on the forum have any from the first year that they were built? I am curious if much changed from '59 to '62 when mine were built. Anyone have a pair older than '62? Just Curious.

----------------

According to Trey, the corns from 59-61 were rear ported, different crossovers and drivers and sounded less than spectacular. Be ahppy with your 63's. I am with my 67's, 71's, and 79's2.gif