Where do I hook up my rear center?

TIbor

Hopefully I will be putting my gear in the basement this weekend if my carpet jerk shows up, since he hasnt shown up two times alreadly. I ran a 5.1 setup before, but now 6.1. I am not clear where to hook up the rear center on the reciever..for some reason the download pic isnt working. here is the address for he pic!!

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/photo.asp?s=home&p=AVR%2D2803&f=AVR+2803+Rear%2Ejpg&c=2

Thanks

Most 7.1 amps can be reconfigured to 6.1 in the menu system. Typically you wire the single surround back cross-posted - the hot lead from one of the two and the ground from the other.

Don't do that until you verify it in your receiver's manual. The last thing I need is a forum member hating me for the rest of my life because he blew up his receiver following my suggestion! 2.gif

I am also new to 6.1 & 7.1 but I believe that the term you should look for is "discrete" channels meaning they all have there own unique channel.

Check out the AVS forum www.avsforum.com for more info on which 6.1 are truely 6 discrete channels and not just matrixed rear surround to fill-in the sound

I have a couple of DVD that I need to rewatch now that I have a 6.1/7.1 receiver and those have Dolby Digital DTS-ES which IS 6 discrete channels.