Peter Jackson interview on radio this morning.

m00n

Listened to an interview with Peter Jackson this morning. He said the following:

50 more minutes of footage to the Return of the Kind DVD making it over 4 hours long.

He IS very interested in doing The Hobbit.

King Kong is in pre production and scheduled to be in theaters Christams 2005.

The films were NOT filmed in chronological order. Said that one day he would be filming something from Two Towers, next day he would be filming something from Fellowship. Said as a matter of fact, the very end where Samwise is arriving home after the end of the quest, his wife is there as well as the kids, he said that was one of the very first shots they filmed out of all three movies.

He explained why they took some liberties they did in modifying the motion pictures from the book. It basically comes down to what works in books does not always work in film. It was a good interview.

Eh... I thought so anyway.

----------------

On 2/6/2004 12:31:48 PM m00n wrote:

Listened to an interview with Peter Jackson this morning. He said the following:

50 more minutes of footage to the Return of the Kind DVD making it over 4 hours long.

----------------

Will be very interesting to see what they add. Man, I cannot wait till that comes out. Gonna be a long wait, thoguh 15.gif

----------------

On 2/6/2004 12:34:59 PM skonopa wrote:

Will be very interesting to see what they add. Man, I cannot wait till that comes out. Gonna be a long wait, thoguh
15.gif

----------------

Dood. You only have to wait until May. At least that's what VideoETA is reporting. Hell... That's less than 2 months away and as of last weekend ROTK was still in the main theater at my local Regal. Dood. Buck up.2.gif

I know these are great films, with a loyal following. But what about crappy, too-long films? Do you think their pre-release PR might tout the DVD's shortening? Or it's butter? On the popcorn?

Oops, I'm hungry again...

PJ has also stated in other interviews I've read that New Line cinema is considering doing The Hobbit, they see the potential money it it. PJ would bring back the actors for Gandalf and Bilbo for sure if he could.

As for the new footage in ROTK, I'm very curious to see what it is...

VideoETA: some days it says May, other August. I check every day and it flip flops :(