Oldest known klipsch khorn???

twhite

Interesting? I found this looking for something else.

http://216.239.39.104/search?q=cache:BGfeu-647WQJ:www.oldhifi.com/gearpage.html+hh+scott+222c&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

It reads:

"KLIPSCHORN. This is the world's oldest known Klipschorn. Serial number 14. It was built in July of 1947. The Klipsch museum only has #18 and #20. The original serial number tag is in almost perfect condition. It is signed by Paul Klipsch himself. There is another tag inside that describes the woofer specs. This is probably in Paul Klipsch' own hand as well. #14 was also inspected on 22nd September 1949 and initialed by Lloyd S. McClellan--Klipch' first employee. Currently fitted with an early 50's Jensen P15LL--probably the best woofer ever made for corner horns. This is the same one that comes in the Jensen Imperial. According to the internal woofer tag, #14 left the factory with a Stephens Trusonic P52LX but this may have been upgraded by the factory at a later date. This speaker was always in Arkansas until recently. Anyway, the Stephens are sometimes for sale on the web if you want to put it back to original. The high frequency horn is a beautiful multiply Smith Multi Septa High Frequency horn powered by a Jensen compression driver. This horn is still used today as the JBL 2397 and Westlake. Crossover may be original and built by Paul Klipsch himself. Condition is sensational. Both drivers are working and it sounds fabulous. $1995. "

Troy

Yeah, that fella overprices lots of stuff. Everything he sells is "the best". "Yes, this genuine reproduction Hartsfield uses Utah drivers which were actually superior to the JBL units" blah, blah, blah.

And he says Lowthers work best in vented boxes too, yeah, right. Not that they work that well in those goofy little rear-horns either.

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 2/7/2004 7:24:17 PM sheltie dave wrote:

David may put a package deal together with the $2000 Khorn and the $995 Scott LK72. For only $3300, you can now buy both...

----------------

I just got DICKED2.gif

I do believe its not the oldest Klipschorns.

I would say that all the early ones still are out there they were just too special in there day to be lost.

I heard there are 2 klipsch Museums one is at klipsch the other at the university Paul klipsch went to.

I think one of them have the first 3 or 4 khorns.

I wish someone would make an online Klipsch Museum.

Flack, Khorn58 already walks the walk, so he can talk to talk any time he wants. While you don't have to respect anyone on this forum, you have started mixing it up and stirring up bird guana, and you have only been posting for three days. Getting ready to put out the sign -

Danger...lurking troll. Has Marantz 7 preamp, Mac MC240 amp, and likes Bose speakers. Approach at your own risk. Good equipment doesn't earn you respect here. Treating others well and trying to be helpful, rather than being contentious just because, is a good practice. FWIW