RF-5's an OK match with RC-3 II?

jephdood

I already have the CC.. not too keen on picking up a new one if I don't have to. A friend of mine is willing to sell me his RF-5's at a pretty good price (he's moving on to RF-7's).. Would the RC-3 II match okay with the RF-5's? Or should I just keep looking for that elusive pair of RF-3 II's..

Comments appreciated.. -Jeff

jump on the 5's, they an really good speaker, the 3 will be small and it will be obvious the more you listen but it is a good starting place. if it were me i would rather spend my time looking for a better center (rc7) than time looking for better front channels. i mean why try to match the smaller when you can match the larger better speaker?12.gif

Hi,

I have RF5 also and this is a very good speaker!! the RC3 II will match the RF5 in timbre butt sounds a little brighter in the hights.

It is a vey good center for the money.

Last week I had the RC3 II in my setup and I found it sounds to direct in the high frequenties so I orderd a RC 7 for the center job.

The RC 7 is a very diffrent speaker in comperison with the RC3 II. The RF 5 will match the RC3 butt the RC 7 will be nicer!!!!

So if I was you save your money now for the RC 7.

Bryan