Cheese at it's best!

Joe Shmoe

----------------

On 2/21/2004 9:10:16 PM m00n wrote:

Yeah I guess Kiss diserves that. They were untouchable in their day. If my memory serves me correctly, didnt Gene Simmons discover Van Halen and get them the start they needed?

----------------

Yep, that is correct, I remember him talking about it on rockline (remember that show?).

Yup, I guess I should have just wrote down every cd I owned.. LOL Then I wouldn't have missed any! In fact Friday I was in a record shop and picked up the re-mastered versions of "Highway to Hell" & "Who Made Who" @ $7.00 a piece! What a bargain!

Yes it was Gene that sort of discovered VH. Due to a conflict of interest at the time he decided to refer them on to someone else at the time. (something like that)

Rockline is still on, I just read somewhere I think it was Metallica I think is going to be on an upcoming show?

Anyone into shred? I used to buy EVERYTHING on Shrapnel Records back in the day. Names like Vinnie Moore, Joey Tafolla, Greg Howe, Tony MacAlpine, Chris Impelliteri, Alex Masi, Michael Angelo, Richie Kotzen, Blues Saraceno, Jason Becker & Marty Friedman, Michael Lee Firkins and Paul Gilbert jump out at me.

All these guys are/were basically instrumental neo-classical shred metal or whatever you wanna call it. The hellspawn of Yngwie if you will. mOOn posted a clip of Michael Angelo shredding last year. Tony MacAlpine plays keys and guitar on that Vai dvd that's a topic now. Friedman went on to play in Megadeth. Becker is on the brink of death suffering from MS or something. Kotzen ended up replacing CC Deville in Poison???!!! If I'm not mistaken so did Saraceno. Paul Gilbert went on to form Mr. Big with Billy Sheehan and used to play guitar with his 3 pick drill bit attachment. He also used to play Van Halen's Eruption on-stage with one hand while is other hand played with a yo-yo. Sheehan is also the bassist in the Vai dvd. I think Howe went on as a hired hand for losers like Backstreet Boys or something. Kinda sad.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 2/15/2004 10:25:10 PM synthfreek wrote:

Wanna guess which 2 of those cds go for big bucks on eBay? ......................................Hurricane and Keel. You could get over $100 for both if they're in primo shape.

----------------

Keel is worth money on ebay hahahaha. Man i used to live by the guitarist grandmas house. Well not really about 10 miles. Give me an r o c k what's it spell rock and what are we going to do rock you!

My bad i forgot, but still goes though i did live near their relatives. Helix tune was pretty cool. What about black and blue, and axe, kix, kingdom come, I used to have a truck load of cheese but cds came out and my tapes got worn out and some stolen because i didn't keep track of them through all the parties. Son of a biaxtch

----------------

On 3/6/2004 12:26:41 AM Joe Shmoe wrote:

Hehe... I recently bought the AXE cd, I love "Rock and roll party in the streets" that's an excellent tune. It seemed like forever for them to finally put it on disc.

----------------

that is so awesome!!!!!!!!!were going to have a knock down drag out rock and roll party in the street tell the boys to get together tell them that wel'l meet. Saturday at midnight were all gonna get what we need. were gonna have a knock down drag out rock and roll party in the streets. Something like that a

----------------

On 2/18/2004 6:39:45 PM m00n wrote:

It was cheeze, but the fact remains. The guitarists back then knew how to play. The young generation of guitarists today could not hold a candle to what came out in the 80's.

Where is the 90's on up version of

Eddy Van Halen

Steve Via

Randy Rhodes

Alex Lifeson (sp?)

Eric Johnson

Brian May

Engvay Moungsteen (Ok I know that spelling is WAAAAY off)

just to name a few. They don't exist. It's a hollywood mogal conspiracy. They pump out a bunch of 1 hit wonder bands because there is more money in turning out trash and taking out the trash than there is in producing top notch bands. How so? I'll tell you.

You have 100 1 hit wonder bands. 500 kids will go and buy the cd. That equals what some 50,000 sales.

You have 10 good tallented bands. Those same 500 kids to buy it. you only get what 5,000.

Garbage.

----------------

Moon i wouldn't consider alot of them cheese. That is some pure talent their dude. Your talking Randy and Eddie hell they invented solos. For real dude how about the wyld stallions. Is that from the movie Bill and Ted's big adventure. Remember?