Cheese at it's best!

Joe Shmoe

Yes I do know :) and they are in primo shape! Theres more there than that, both the Mandatory Metallica and the Crucial crue discs go for big bucks also. The Bon Jovi is rare also because of the cover, as is the Autograph and Stryper. The Y&T down for the count doesn't go cheaply either :)

When I read the posts on cheese metal I had to post these... LOL, some of us are still stuck in the 80's. I just enjoy collecting rare or cool 80's music. thanks for looking!

It was cheeze, but the fact remains. The guitarists back then knew how to play. The young generation of guitarists today could not hold a candle to what came out in the 80's.

Where is the 90's on up version of

Eddy Van Halen

Steve Via

Randy Rhodes

Alex Lifeson (sp?)

Eric Johnson

Brian May

Engvay Moungsteen (Ok I know that spelling is WAAAAY off)

just to name a few. They don't exist. It's a hollywood mogal conspiracy. They pump out a bunch of 1 hit wonder bands because there is more money in turning out trash and taking out the trash than there is in producing top notch bands. How so? I'll tell you.

You have 100 1 hit wonder bands. 500 kids will go and buy the cd. That equals what some 50,000 sales.

You have 10 good tallented bands. Those same 500 kids to buy it. you only get what 5,000.

Garbage.

mOOn... LOL, I have them all, you name it dude, it's in the rack! And I do 2nd your thought on guitarists of then and now. Today it's more of a one hit wonder flash in the pan type thing.(not for all bands but some.)

Maybe I can pull out some more good stuff, thanks for the reply!

P.S. it's Yngwie Malmsteen lol

Do you have any Madam X? How about Slave Raider? Would love to get my hands on those, and after seeing your CD rack on the odds and mods, I think you just might. Maybe some W.A.S.P., Grim Reaper, Accept, Tesla, Krokus? I'm sure you have soem Iron Maiden, Scorpions. Makes me want to go out and buy back all the albums I used to have. Of course, they were all on tape back then...If anyone knows of someplace to get Madam X or Slave Raider for Not an arm and a leg, let me know.

Slave Raider was a local (Minneapolis) band that was on the verge of making it, chances are you've heard some of their songs and just didn't know it. Their CDs, especially "Take the World by Storm," go for Big Bucks on ebay, more than I'd want to pay. I'd like to just download a copy or find someone who owns it to burn me a copy.

Madam X (maybe Madame X) only had one album, "We Reserve the Right" but it had some Kick-@$$ songs including "High in High School." I listened to that one every day on my cassette walkman for a while.

LOL... no, I haven't heard of Madam X or Slave Raider If I come across something I will let you know. Although not everything, I tried to list below what I have in the 80's.

Accept, Aldo Nova, Anthrax, Axe, Bang Tango, Baton Rouge, Beau Nasty, Blue Murder, Cinderella, Contraband, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Doro/Warlock, Drivn n Cryin, Electric boys, Europe, Exteme, Fiona, Firehouse, Frehleys Comet, Giant, Gorky Park, Great White, GTR, Hardline, Helloween, Billy Idol, Iron Maiden, Keel, Kick Axe, KISS, Kix, Krokus, LA Guns, Lynch Mob, Malice, Manowar, Poison, Quiet Riot, Ratt, Saigon Kick, Savatage, Scorpions, Skid Row, Shotgun Messiah, Slade, Slaughter, Steelheart, Thunder, Type O Negative, Tora Tora, T-Ride, Twisted Sister, Trixter, Tyketto, Vixen, Winger, Warrant, Ugly Kid Joe, Wasp

Whew.. wish I was a better typist 3.gif

I could put together a collection of hits for you if you like, although I bet they can also be found on the internet. Let me know.

Yeah I guess Kiss diserves that. They were untouchable in their day. If my memory serves me correctly, didnt Gene Simmons discover Van Halen and get them the start they needed?

Oh and shame Shame SHAME on both of us. How could we possibly forget AC/DC? My gawd, that diserving of 10 lashes.2.gif