Buying in Dallas-Where to Go?

jvcarter

I am tyring to pick up some new rf-35's and looking for a place that will negotiate in Dallas, TX. I would like to buy from an authorized dealer but the only place that I know of is Ultimate Electronics. They will cost me 900 plus tax there and you can order them online for like 750 (with shipping). They also told me that they do not negotiate off their price or try to even get close to internet pricing. I want to buy authorized for many reasons but a $200+ difference is a lot of money.

Does anyone have any ideas of places to try??

I have also bought several Klipsch speakers (RF-3II, & RW-12) from Ultimate Electronics in Dallas.

They ask list price and have a limited selection at times. With Klipsch's reorganization of the sales and distrib. there are fewer dealers. Actually not many at all in a metro area the size of Dallas & Ft. Worth. Seems to reinforce the higher selling prices.

I've had good service from Ultimate Elec. It can be frustrating dealing with a large chain when trying to find something in stock though. I had to wait forever before they finally got the new RW series of subs. Love the 12.

Would like to get an RC-7 but Ultimate is asking over 7 hundred, closer to 8 after taxes.

Picked up some RB-5s & RC-3 from Ebay for good prices. Also got another RC-3 (for 6.1) from Tweeter during their Klipsch clearence.

Sorry, boys. Hillcrest HiFi is no longer the good old local dealer it once was. They have been bought out by Tweeeter, which means they no longer even carry klipsch.

How disgusting.

I remember walking into their showroom on Hillcrest in 1979 and being able to listen to the ENTIRE Heritage line!

----------------

On 2/21/2004 5:30:07 AM Vavoline wrote:

Sorry, boys. Hillcrest HiFi is no longer the good old local dealer it once was. They have been bought out by Tweeeter, which means they no longer even carry klipsch.

How disgusting.

I remember walking into their showroom on Hillcrest in 1979 and being able to listen to the ENTIRE Heritage line!
----------------

Bought my first pair of Klipsch (Forte's) from Hillcrest in 89... It was a really nice store with the whole lineup, including a pair of Klipschorns.