TBrennan or other Altec fans

BackBurner

You can buy new drivers from Great Plains Audio.

http://greatplainsaudio.com/

I think a pair of 515 drivers is on the order of $600 and a pair of new 902 drivers was around $400.

Are those cabinets from AEP30 on ebay? I've bought a fair amount of horns/drivers from him. He is good to work with. I've considered a set of those cabinets from him as well but I'd think shipping them would be pricey.

Shawn

If the A7 cabinets are not local, have you considered using JBL 4560's? They are somewhat smaller (more like an Altec 816)and they work really, really well with Altec 515's or 416. In fact, I actually prefer the 4560's over the A7's (I have both) because of thier size. They take up less space in the living room. If you are in a fairly large city, check with the used pro gear shops. They, meaning the 4560's, are pretty easy to find.

----------------

On 2/18/2004 7:39:05 PM johnellis wrote:

If the A7 cabinets are not local, have you considered using JBL 4560's? They are somewhat smaller (more like an Altec 816)and they work really, really well with Altec 515's or 416. In fact, I actually prefer the 4560's over the A7's (I have both) because of thier size. They take up less space in the living room. If you are in a fairly large city, check with the used pro gear shops. They, meaning the 4560's, are pretty easy to find.
----------------

Oh My !!!!! A Rare Apperance from Master Ellis!!!!!

Vacation went well. Will call you soon.

Regards to "15 second AK47 Olga."

tc

For Home use I like the 416-8C (personally late model ceramics have better sonics than older alnico), a 511B horn and 802-8G driver (tangerine phase plug). Flip the cabinet upside down and mount the horn inside the bass port. This was an option for the 825 cabinet ala A7-500W.

A7_magnificent.jpg

Check with Mr. Sumner at: L & M TRADING Butler, Pennsylvania sumnermc@earthlink.net

or THE definitive answer man Bill Hanuschak at http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/

Oh My !!!!! A Rare Apperance from Master Ellis!!!!!

Vacation went well. Will call you soon.

Regards to "15 second AK47 Olga."

tc

----------------

Hi Terry!!

Hey, I called you the other nite. Unfortunately you were still at

work. I'm glad your vacation went well. Although I'm sure it was much

to short. I'll give you a call sometime this week or weekend as well. With any luck we'll link up.

Oh, and yes, I passed your regards on to the "Kalashnikov Kid" as well!! :) By the way, have I mentioned she's highly trained in chemical and biological warefare as well??? Believe me, when I'm told to do the dishes I JUMP!!! :)

Will call you soon as well.

John