Leaving the Klipsch Fold

drdiaboloco

My sf-2's are smooth and warm. You ever try them with a warm amp? Just because their cheaper doesn't mean they suck. You may like the aluminum tweeter. Just a thought. If the bostons sound better to you by all means buy them. I have boston computer speakers. Their the only bostons i heard but they have a good transperant sound and air to them. But they don't have **** for bass and they won't play loud enough, and of course their just a little computer speaker but sound pretty darn good for the size.

----------------

On 2/19/2004 11:03:23 PM wheelman wrote:

My sf-2's are smooth and warm. You ever try them with a warm amp? Just because their cheaper doesn't mean they suck.

----------------

That is a good point. It could very be true that somebody will just like the sound of the Synergy than that of the Reference. We all think that the Reference should sound better, simply because it is considered to be a higher-end line than the Synergy. However, it is entirely possible that somebody would rather prefer the sound of the Synergy to the more expensive Reference. Whenever I am in the local Best Buy, I like to go back there to thier listening area and listen to the Synergy. I certainly do like the sound of them, and I think they are great speakers. Have you ever listened to the SF-3s? Very nice, in my opinion.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I can't vouch for the break-in status of the speaks in question, but they were definitely playing from an equivalent source player and an almost identical HT receiver (again, a 3803 to my 3802... Neither of which offer any bass or treble adjustment when using the "ext. in" jacks, if I am not too much mistaken)...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Not that it matters too much now that you already finalized your choice, but in fact Denon 3803 does have the ability to boost SW signal by +5, +10 or +15 dB on the Ext IN analog 5.1.

Congratulations with the purchase. I also have a Klipsch only 7.1 setup, but have to admit that too was blown away recently by a set of Axiom speakers powered by Outlaw amplifiers. Especially, I was impressed with their Center channel. But hey, i love my Klipsch and for now i am sticking with them :)

There are a few folks that stray from the line .

but most find there way back I recently had a client that Sold off his Klipsch speakers 5 years ago after

many of the so called audiophile brands in his set up he came back after spending $$$ on pre amps,cables,transports ect... what most folks miss is the dynamic ability and the Impact of the speaker line Many confuse this ability as Bright,Forward and Unforgiving (They will let you know if your front end is the weak link) many other speaker lines will mask these problems

The other thing to keep in mind is where you Demo Klipsch speakers the room may help a conventional speaker sound good and a horn speaker sound bad