OMG I just bought an Academy for $225 SWEET!!!

Freak On A Leash

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...let's get to this issue. What do you presume are the grounds you have for a case? I see nothing personally. So you purchased an item on Ebay, never received it, but your money was refunded in full to you. At this point, the seller has no obligation to sell this item to you. You have paid for nothing! PERIOD! If you take a close look at Ebay's policies you will see that all of the forms that are there for you to fill out in cases of fraud are for items that you 1) paid for and never received, or 2) paid for, received the item, but the item was misrepresented.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Your only option was to agree with him that even with the damage you would buy it as is or agree to a lower price, IMO.

You got your money back done deal. (And I had nothing to do with this deal too. If you know for sure who did on THIS board....tell us. I think we would police our own here.)

BTW, the people generally on this BB are your friends. I know a few lurkers now and then, but in the past going on three years on here I have met a few of them personally here in Indy at the midwest audiofest and at the Klipsch weekend here in Indy last summer. For the most part, Klipsch BB people are fanatics who just LOVE audio and speaker design and craftsmanship Heritage or Newer stuff period! We may agree to disagree on some points, but generally are a great group of audio fanatics!

(I, for one, love the Older Cornwall II's vertical on their side now horizontal as a Center Channel. Full range almost as good as K horns, top drivers the same. etc., etc.)

As for eBay, are you not at least glad you did not spend the full amount for the speaker only to have it damaged when it arrived? Many people get blown drivers etc., etc., all the time off of eBay or PICS not of their purchases. I guess I am one of the older ones on this BB that said to myself by the time I got to the point where you got your money back and said, "Whew, good ... now he is even."

I am not so sure it is the right thing to do by writing a bad review on this person, say his kid really did damage it? Kids do....and always will sometimes break things. How many people pushed in the newer RF-7's beautiful copper cones when they first came out. A LOT!

Again he was forthright to you, and he gave you back your cash pretty quick too. If I was, for instance, selling a very nice say used 1968 Camero...and crashed it on the way to your house... semi totaled it. I would offer the money back too. It is, and was, the only good (read right) thing to do. Just be glad you GOT the money back and are able to look again or re group. Since you had no ownership of a damaged item in your possession to complain about, I do not think you earned the right to write up a bad review. (After all, what could you say? I thought it was a good deal, the item was damaged by the seller, and he gave me back my money so I am supposed to still be pissed at him???) Now your starting to look like the paranoid angry buyer here. Take him at his word, and live to deal again someday.

People I hate more on eBay are last min/second bidders or computer snipe programs...Or people that take it off the market at say 2:48 am on a 2:49 AM ending, when you have stayed up late to see if you had won or placed a bid say 30 dollars higher just in case at 2:48 and get snipped or he delisted it. THAT SUCKS!!!!

BTW, all of us are a great resource for all kinds of things Klipsch. And Klipsch corporate does keep most of the older replacement drivers for sale. Also a lot of people on the BB have access to used parts through their own systems as well. Steve Phillips and Trey Cannon at Klipsch are great people in and out of the BB and will guide you to find hard to find parts too, if you ever come across this type of situation again. Always remember you have friends that work for Klipsch, take the deal as is, if you agree to accept it broken as is and use "us collectively on the BB" as a resource to get updated drivers to make you happy too.

IndyKlipschFan