OMG I just bought an Academy for $225 SWEET!!!

Freak On A Leash

I'm with these fellers. Everybody always has a big "YOUR BID IS A CONTRACT" in their auctions -- I see no reason for that street to only run one way. Tell him he committed to sell it to you, as is, at the price named, and tell eBay about it if he balks. Hell, tell eBay about it anyway.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emailing Ebay is a waste of time. I have had to email Ebay on multiple occassions, and everytime nothing was resolved. I either just had to live with the product I got, or in some cases I just never received the product altogether. Consider yourself lucky if you just get your money back!

And always remember...if it seems to good to be true...it probably is!

that sucks but it was bound to happen. Live and learn. It might not have even been anyone from here. Any ebayer could have found that academy in a "completed items" search and emailed the seller with a much higher offer.

FLASON I got my klf-c7 from ubid about 2 years ago for $240 deliver too! I wish I had bought 100 of those then!6.gif

I also got a new KSW-15 sub for the same price!

Correct me if i am wrong. if the one i found on ebay doing a search is the one you bought and you used the buy it now feature and paid with a credit card; he has your money right? then tell him that you want the speaker or you will press charges aginst him for fraud and if this is across state lines that should raise it too a higher level. on the other hand if you have not paid for it yet and were going to pay when you went to pick it up i would say you are out of luck. just my 2 cents worth Bill

I think I found the Ebay auction you were talking about because its the only one for $225, and it ended on the 19th of February. It looks like it had to have been a Paypal payment that you made to this seller, so I would defintely request my money back (if he hasn't already refunded it). After that, I would just chalk it up to bad luck and move on. It would have been an awesome score to get that speaker for that great of a price, but like others have said...it sounds like someone spearheaded you with a great price. Can you really blame the seller though? I mean ethically it is wrong, but money does make the world go round afterall. Plus, the seller did have a high Ebay rating before this transaction, so I doubt that he has ever done anything like this in the past. Just my .02 though...take it for what it is worth.

I can REALLY blame the seller. Wrong is wrong, regardless of the amount involved. He posted a BIN and the amount was accepted. End of discussion. The seller could have researched better before he posted the BIN. Obviously, he was happy with the amount until someone offered him more. Sad to see the worth of some people's 'word' I guess...

----------------

On 2/21/2004 8:45:22 PM Taz Devil wrote:

Can you really blame the seller though? I mean ethically it is wrong, but money does make the world go round afterall. ----------------

Ok, here is the email I recieved from him yesterday;

Just giving you an update. Last night I went to check the speaker over

before I had you get it this weekend and I noticed a small tear in one of

the MIDRANGE: K-57-K 1.5" (3.81cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver's.

I believe my son may have caused this awhile back. We are having a long

talk tonight though. I have a call into Customer Service at Klipsch

inquiring about a replacement speaker. I don not know the price of the

replacement speaker, shipping charges or any installation charges I may

incur. I will keep you updated on any correspondence that I get back from

Customer Service. This may cause the price of the speaker to go up. At

this time I have to wait and hear back from Klipsch. In the mean time after

I receive your payment in my account I will refund $ 231.83 to you. After I

have it repaired I will e-mail you about the new price and see if you are

interested. If not I can list it on E-Bay again. This is all considering I

can find an original replacement for the Academy.

Sorry for any inconvenience

Now, if he truely emails me AFTER he gets this fixed as he says, then it will be a different story. I have yet to see my money come back and I was under the impression that one you send the money via Credit Card, then it was a done deal. Is there some sort of wait time before he can actually draw this money from this account and send it back to me?

I'm not sure how to approch it with giving him a hard time about it. I could make a stink about it and email Ebay, but I'm just trying to get my money back. Yes, I'm upset that the guy didn't research his item first before posting with with BIN sticker, but other than give him a bad rating, what can I do? I did reply to him and kept it civil as he kept things civil with me. It was obvious that he wanted to make up some sort of story so that I didn't write a bad review of him on Ebay about his selling methods, and it's a good story I suppose. I haven't heard a lot of horror stories of Ebay and recently read an article in the paper about how good Ebay is.

Perhaps too good to be true....I just want my money back and the seller offered buyer protection, if that's worth anything.

:(

I do not think it's unrealistic of the seller to sell to a higher bidder behind the scenes. Especially, in this case when it's probably $200 more money in his pocket. Yeah, it's wrong but that's the way the cookie crumbles. 3.gif

You will get your money back even if he doesn't want to give it back. Since you used paypal and a credit card you're very well protected.

Guest Anonymous

Frank tell him you will buy it as is, it seems to em even if you have to put a diaphram in you would still have about 300 in it3.gif it's still cheap, just not as good a deal.JMO

Quote From BigBusa:

"I do not think it's unrealistic of the seller to sell to a higher bidder behind the scenes. Especially, in this case when it's probably $200 more money in his pocket. Yeah, it's wrong but that's the way the cookie crumbles."

But these are the things that destroy people's confidence in Ebay and the sellers that reside within it. If he would have told me that someone offered him more money and that if I wanted it he would want more money, I would have seriously considered it. I would have done this without writing a negative review on him on Ebay as well. The fact is, he should have investigated his facts a bit more before making that post. PERIOD.

Sure, it could have been someone else from Ebay that messaged him, but I found it ODD how I posted that link in these forums and then all of a sudden the speaker has a tear in the cone.....And I'm glad that you get a bit of humor out of this Busa with the 3.gif comment, I can assure you that I wasn't really humored by it. But I understand it and would have a lot more respect for someone if they just told it to me straight instead of making up some sort of BS email to cover their a$$.

I don't understand why he thinks he can charge you a higher price for a repaired Academy when all that was wrong with it was a few smudges. Why not query him on how much a part would cost and have him "deduct it" from your $225 BIN price?

In any case, negative feedback would be in order immediately for misrepresenting an item you paid for before he noticed anything "wrong" with it. Funny, it seemed to play just fine when it was tested. I don't think the seller's feedback record has any relevance since the last item they sold with feedback from the buyer was in May of 2003.

You're getting scammed!

NP - FIGHT - War Of Words

Well, he refunded my money this evening and put a note with it that he is going to try and look in the Metro area this weekend for replacement cones for it. He apologized again and that was that.

So, I got my money back, yes I was probably scammed. Sould I make a huge deal out of it? Not sure entirely. I tell you what, I'm going to wait for a few weeks and then email him asking what sort of outcome he has had with the cone and base his response on what sort of feedback I give him on the Ebay site. I understand if he caught on that he could get more for it, but the least he can do is offer it to me again if he truely does have a problem with it.

People just generally piss me off. There are no morals left with most people and only live for the all mighty dollar.

Sad world

Freak, I still say you demand he send it as is. You bought is as is, yes? You can fix it cheaper than you can get another one. Then maybe you like it better than your C7, or maybe you want to flip it. You could make a friend a great deal and STILL come out money ahead.

Fact is, you bought it, paid for it, and now by all rights it is yours in all but possession. The choice to take possession of it or not really should lie in your hands, not his.

Heretic,

How do you propose I MAKE him give me the speaker? I understand exactly where you're coming from with this, but I'm not sure what I can actually do. If I say I want the speaker even if it's damaged, and he makes up another excuse, I'm still getting scammed. Is he a piss poor Ebay'er? Yes, probably is considering that it's this sort of crap that angers people because he failed to do his part and properly research his item before hand.

I also think he's a COP.....which is sort of funny. It would be funny to show up on his doorstep and demand my ACADEMY. I could notify Ebay, but could they really force him to turn the speaker over? Not sure, don't have enough experience at dealing with Ebay to know.

----------------

On 2/20/2004 1:34:44 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

On 2/20/2004 12:47:44 PM Freak On A Leash wrote:

Well, hopefully the link I posted and the 11 people that saw it had enough decency to not do such a thing as I wouldn't do it to them. I was just very happy with my purchase and thought I would share. After someone said something in the post I realized that I should have just kept my mouth shut on the subject because you never know what levels people will go to get something that they want.

----------------

Unfortunatly, you are correct.

Like they say - "A bird in hand is better then two birds in the bush", or

"Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

I remember last spring, somebody posted up a pair of Cornwall IIs for sale on here. They were just down in Richmond, and the guy was asking $500. Practically right in my backyard! There where something like 3 people gunning for them (myself included). Somebody from out of the blue snatched them up from right under everybody else's noses! Ah well, no sweat off my back. I am certainly not mad at the guy that got them - this was definitly one of those "he who got there the fastest with the mostest" type scenarios, and I did not get there the fastest.

Once you
do
have that speaker in hand, let us know how this all panned out.

----------------

SKonopa - I posted a message in "Older Speakers" and "Two Channel" about a pair of Cornwalls listed in the Tri_Cities Trading post for $500. I know nothing of them and I don't know the person - just passing this on in case you are interested. I'm in Chesterfield, VA.

----------------

On 2/22/2004 12:11:14 AM Euell wrote:

----------------

On 2/20/2004 1:34:44 PM skonopa wrote:

----------------

On 2/20/2004 12:47:44 PM Freak On A Leash wrote:

Well, hopefully the link I posted and the 11 people that saw it had enough decency to not do such a thing as I wouldn't do it to them. I was just very happy with my purchase and thought I would share. After someone said something in the post I realized that I should have just kept my mouth shut on the subject because you never know what levels people will go to get something that they want.

----------------

Unfortunatly, you are correct.

Like they say - "A bird in hand is better then two birds in the bush", or

"Don't count your chickens before they hatch."

I remember last spring, somebody posted up a pair of Cornwall IIs for sale on here. They were just down in Richmond, and the guy was asking $500. Practically right in my backyard! There where something like 3 people gunning for them (myself included). Somebody from out of the blue snatched them up from right under everybody else's noses! Ah well, no sweat off my back. I am certainly not mad at the guy that got them - this was definitly one of those "he who got there the fastest with the mostest" type scenarios, and I did not get there the fastest.

Once you
do
have that speaker in hand, let us know how this all panned out.

----------------

SKonopa - I posted a message in "Older Speakers" and "Two Channel" about a pair of Cornwalls listed in the Tri_Cities Trading post for $500. I know nothing of them and I don't know the person - just passing this on in case you are interested. I'm in Chesterfield, VA.

----------------

I was gassed up and about to leave to pick up those cornwalls when I called and found out someone else took off work and bought them out from under me. He was a forum lurker who posted only after he bought them. I was pretty pissed off too. We had a date and time set for pickup.

I'm beginning to hate people. Not everyone but most. Very few folks seem honest anymore. It's the ones who "can't blame the seller" in this thread I'm speaking of. Money and greed and dishonesty won't help them much when they're burning in hell!11.gif

Guest Anonymous

gary, amn oh man the A$$HOLES are coming out of the woodwork

recently, best to just keep the deals to yourself, and those you have a personal relationship with. Sorry you got screwed, especially from a LURKER15.gif

I'll call ya in the morn2.gif BTW, ya want the vert center6.gif