klipsch vs. polk audio

prodj101

----------------

On 2/27/2004 7:59:42 AM T_Shomaker wrote:

Why would you say that sentras are a POS when the guy just said that he had one? That would be like me seeing your car and telling you it was the most ugly thing I have ever seen in my life. I just think that what you said is EXTREMELY RUDE!

----------------

I have one too.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 2/27/2004 8:25:34 AM Rdmarsiii wrote:

I wouldnt mind having a Saleen S7, but for now I am stuck with my 1992 Mustang 5.0.

----------------

The S7 is over designed, its far too radical, 360, Carrera GT or mercielago are all FAR more attractive cars. But lets get real, none one us have those cars, and we are most likely never bound too.

The EAR has good taste. I am a fan of the STi's as well.

But alas I have a Jetta with the 8 valve 2 liter engine. Ah well.

BTW my Dad was looking at cars a while back. We had been looking mostly at 300M's, Nissans, Audis. It never occured to us to look at BMW's but at the end of our car browsing day I said we might was well stop at the BMW dealer, right? After a very interesting little U-turn we were there. The next day my dad bought his BMW. He loves the way it drives, and I must say for the few times I have driven it, it certaintly feels nice. It was pretty funny all and all.

I love the WRX's, but here in Reynoldsburg OH, we are filled with Integra GSR's, WRX's, Civic SI's, hell evne a few RX-7's running around, and a crap load of BMW Z3 and 4's. I wanted something different, which is why I got the SE-R Spec V.

A lot of people are getting there hands on the Evo VIII and RX-8 too.

Since this thread got completely hijacked with car talk, I figure I through this in to stir it up a bit.

What you all think about this. That is the new Saturn ION Redline. Looks like a fun car and I think it is pretty stylish. Now, granted, I am kinda partial to Saturn. I've been driving them for the past 11 years, and have had good luch with them.

The world's fastest Skyline set a mark of 8.55 sec at 165 mph in the 1/4 mile!

Not bad at all,but...

Its still a slow poke compared to a funny car or a top fuel dragster 3.gif

Take 4.566 sec and 326.63 mph take that puny Skyline and shove it down your wimpy turbos. LOL I found times of 4.477 sec and 333 mph speeds! Talk about fast acceleration.

For outrageous acceleration nothing comes close on four wheels to top fuel and funny cars.These are IT...and you can drive to work too 2.gif

Well a top fuel dragster can do 0-100 mph in around 1 second.3.gif

Any challengers? Any boosted Skyline? Any quad turboed Viper? He he I think so.with over 6500HP all normal cars better seek shelter.

Think of a Skyline as a AH-1W Super Cobra chopper and the top fuel monster a Kamov "Alligator" KA-52 chopper.1.gif One simply can do things the other would crash and burn.

Ok now back to subwoofer topic...

----------------

On 2/27/2004 8:06:20 PM TheEAR wrote:

The world's fastest Skyline set a mark of 8.55 sec at 165 mph in the 1/4 mile!

----------------

Accually, there are faster skylines then that. Example being that Veilside, does it in 8 flat, and I believe there is another that's in the 7's..but im tired..really tired, so i'll post em tomorrow.

The seven second times are hype,not official and urban legend.Unless they use very heavy mods and take the motor to dangerous levels,under 8 second times require over 1600HP.These may use the Skyline body but use very heavy mods,the car would be a light year away from stock.

----------------

On 2/27/2004 12:15:07 AM InnovaZero wrote:

Its the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V, got it for roughly $18,000. 175hp at 6000rpm, 180lbs/ft torque at 4000rpm (2.5L Inline 4 DOHC). Car is mighty nice, insanes amount of torque even through into the fourth gear, fast little ****er.

Sorry, im rambling..but this is one awesome little car...

----------------

Insanes amount of torque? Do you even know what you are talking about? If you think that is a lot of torque than you have no idea what torque is.

"Insanes amount of torque? Do you even know what you are talking about? If you think that is a lot of torque than you have no idea what torque is."

I was about to say something ... but stayed quiet. LOL

Torque is all important at low RPM and if anyone wants to feel real torque try a Dodge Viper...even a stock Viper...gobbs of torque.Locomotive like torque

All the four bangers lack torque at low RPM.

Yes I know what torque is, my uncle has a Super charged 454 Corvette that would mop the floor with most who dare challenge it.

The point was, between it being 6 speed and having just about 200lbs/ft torque (at 4000rpm, where mst in class is up in the 5000rpm area)with intake/exhaust/headers...it has thee most torque by far in its class, and it certain has enough torque steer off the launch that reminds you of the old chargers. You find me a natrually aspired 4 banger, non turbo charged, for this cheap stock that bangs this much power down low. It matters not though, in the Salom tests, it bested the likes of the Integra Type-R, RSX Type-S, The Suburu WRX, Civic Si-Type R, etc. So it can handle the curves coming out of the corner.