klipsch vs. polk audio

prodj101

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, I couldn't post before on how it is because I was kind of busy....but so far it does exactly what I wanted it for. it's not room shaking or anything, but then again you can't really expect an 8 inch 100 watt sub to do anything that would register on the richter scale. it goes more than low enough, and has just the right amount of power. I'm going to be using it in a henry kloss table radio system (I also have the cd player to go with it, I just didn't get the sub they make because it looked a little too wimpy), and this system is just for light background music so it should do the job well.

----------------

On 2/23/2004 7:48:22 PM TheEAR wrote:

Let's see,a Ford Festiva VS Dodge Viper Venom 800
3.gif
He he he

So how do you find the little PSW303?

----------------

For only 20,000 dollars I could make a fiesta go faster then that over weight pos dodge.

----------------

On 2/23/2004 8:42:52 PM prodj101 wrote:

ok, I couldn't post before on how it is because I was kind of busy....but so far it does exactly what I wanted it for. it's not room shaking or anything, but then again you can't really expect an 8 inch 100 watt sub to do anything that would register on the richter scale. it goes more than low enough, and has just the right amount of power. I'm going to be using it in a henry kloss table radio system (I also have the cd player to go with it, I just didn't get the sub they make because it looked a little too wimpy), and this system is just for light background music so it should do the job well.

----------------

pppfff

8 inch

100 watts

slot port

discrete rubber finish control pod with LED

promedia sws *take none other

sws_rear.jpg

msrp: It was 99 dollars :(

I took it apart to see what it was REALLY made of, and I was impressed. the woofer has a pretty big motor structure for just an 8 inch, and the cab is made out of 3/4 inch thick MDF which is good for a sub this side. it is braced along the top and sides, and the seperator for the slot loaded port also serves as a brace. this driver is much more beefy than that of the SWS, so eat your heart out 14.gif

post-10107-1381925251881_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 2/23/2004 9:34:44 PM 007 wrote:

----------------

On 2/23/2004 7:48:22 PM TheEAR wrote:

Let's see,a Ford Festiva VS Dodge Viper Venom 800
3.gif
He he he

So how do you find the little PSW303?

----------------

For only 20,000 dollars I could make a fiesta go faster then that over weight pos dodge.

----------------

Dunno about that, although I agree you'll get better bang for buck. I've had friends strip them, swap engines, add turbos...still did no better then 12's at best..which wouldn't beat a viper, but for how much less it was then a viper, you really can't complain...12's are pretty damn quick for street cars.

Even still, you arn't picking up any women in the Fiesta over the Viper lol ;).

"For only 20,000 dollars I could make a fiesta go faster then that over weight pos dodge."

Boy you dont have a clue what you are talking about,list me the parts used to mod a Ford Festiva that would guarantee anything close to the acceleration,stopping power and handling of a Dodge.

Try this 833HP,902lb-ft of torque and a 0-60 in 2.43 with slicks.The Dodge Hennessy Venom800TT squashes any rice and potato rockets with ease.

And this is not even the most capable Viper,SVS stands for Super Viper Systems

makes even more radical Vipers with close to 1000HP and 1150lbft of torque.I am sure a $22000 would beat that huh.

LOL

Hmm, with 1000hp and the torque of 10,000 drills a tire made by god couldn't grip the pavement as you tacked the engine. But, then again, its still a Dodge POS. If you're looking for a real car, look at the Ford GT. It's a Saleen design. (DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, supercharged V-8) Even at 500hp and 500ftlbs of torque it manages to out-pace the lighter and more powerful McLauren F1, which is something your Viper doesn't do.

Dodge POS,this POS as you say eats the Ford GT in the 1/4 mile.We are not talking refined cars here,just brute power transmited to the pavement for BRUTAL acceleration.

The Ford GT is much more refined and I would pick it any day over some inflated Viper.

You want true value get a Mitsubishi lancer EVO or a Subaru WRX STi.Both bring big performance at a real world price home.