Gonna bring up something no one else does.

iXtreme

I have read some pretty interesting stuff on this forum. I am going to bring up a new-to-this-forum brand name for everyones consideration. Cerwin Vega. I have a set of e708's for the front, a set of matching for the rear (overkill for now but when I get the e706's the 8's will make a great b channel) and a e76c for center effects. I have also added a ht10 for bass effect. With the 3dB gain from the tuned ports to the beefieness of the whole cabinet(s) the THX intro theme has never sounded so good. I used to use Audiosphere Research but the C.V's blow em' away. All powered by a Technics SADX940 dolby digital 5.1 / dts reciever with digital optical cable. Wow.... Any comments about C.V. I'd love to hear em' BTW cables are a huge part, don't skimp on the low level input cables, the difference from standard nickel to monster 24k interconnects is astounding.

I used a pair of CVs for a few years. They were huge with 15" woofers, forget the model number. Still have them stored in an unused bedroom. I bought a set of Klipsch RF-3s and the rest of the reference setup and I just can't believe the sound from them. I will be staying with Klipsch from now on I think. Smile.gif

Cerwin-Vega speakers do one thing very well -- they play LOUD! My first set of "expensive" speakers were Cerwin-Vega. They are very good speakers, and are probably among the best home speakers CV makes (they are actually pro-speakers made for home-use). I know CV well as I have had cousins that have owned many different CV speakers. CV makes some very tough and durable speakers. I still have my set. I probably keep them because of their sheer-output ability, 105dB sensitivity with 405 watt power handling -- yeah, they can get really loud! I really don't use them anymore, but I also don't really want to get rid of them. However, in terms of quality sound (high-fidelity), CV doesn't stand up to Klipsch. My CV's were somewhat expensive, yet I prefer the overall sound of my Heresy's to my much larger CV speakers. Klipsch just sounds better.

Back in the late 70's, I had a pair of CV 326-R's that were pretty decent, but they didn't sound as good as my Infinity Column II's or my Klipsch CF-2's.

Mike

------------------

Family Room

-----------

Denon 4800 AVR

Panasonic DVD-A7

Dual CS-721 Turntable

DBX 3bx Series III Range Expander

Klipsch Epic CF-2's (mains)

Klipsch KLF-C7 (center)

Klipsch RS-3's (surrounds)

SVS 20-39CS Sub w/Samson S700 Amp

Bedroom

-------

Yamaha M-4 Amp

Yamaha C-4 Preamp

Yamaha T-7 Tuner

Teac DVD Player

Looking for a pair of Heresy's

• 3 weeks later...

Cerwin Vegas huh ??? I bought my first pair of speakers back in the late 80s and they were Cerwin Vega AT-15s Man they were so loud !!!!! They put out the BASS !!!! I was living at home at the time and man my mom hated those things from the moment that she laid eyes on the boxes !! LOL We had to make two trips to get them both home because I could not get them both in to my full size 4 door Caprice Classic. THEY WERE BIG !!!!!

The Coolest thing about them was the owners manual. It had this great line that read something like "Please do not abuse these speakers at N.A.S.A. like volume labels." I mean it is bad that the reputation of these speakersis one of sheer ear abuse but to admit off hand that you know that your speakers are soon to be annoying your family, neighbors and zip code is really bad. As it turns out my original goal of music was to have a system loud enough to wake up the whold zipcode. Needless to say I have changed quite a bit as I am not interested in the zipcode but just my little living room. I just want clarity. I just want Klipsch

------------------

This is my first Home Theater so kinda bare with me.

Speakers Klipsch Quintets

Reciever Sony DB-930

MiniDisc Sony MDS-JE510

LaserDisc Pioneer CLD-990

CD player Kenwood DP-R4430

Subwoofer Mirage FRX-15 300 watt

DVD RCA that needs to be upgraded and given to my Dad because he has a bose system and would not know the difference