SC-1 center channel question

2disturbed

I am interested in purchasing klipsch's SC-1 center channel, but had a question for anyone out there....

I have read some mixed reviews about its magnetic shielding, and causing some minor disortion when placed on top of a tv set. Has any one had any experience good or bad with this center channel, I would love to hear about them...

I have just recently discovered Klispch's speakers at

Ovation A/V here in Indy, and have fallen in love with

their sound!!

Thanks,

Seancwm7.gif

This message has been edited by 2disturbed on 06-27-2001 at 11:22 AM

2disturbed:

Magnetic shielding can be a hit and miss proposition, sometimes the type of TV involved can have a negative effect, and sometimes the speaker may not be doing the job. Many times, a slight adjustment such as raising the speaker 1 inch may take care of any problem. Get the speaker you like and try it at home with your particular situation, you can return or exchange it if it doesn't work for you...Ovation is great on customer service. If it doesn't work at first, let us know on this forum and we'll give you several suggestions to try before you have to take it back...

PhilH

the only thing i've run into is this:

if i throw the reciver remote down on the bed, then at some point lean on the volume up button, the center channel vibrates the TV causing distortion. But...i certainly can't put the blame on the speaker. When that happens the volume is PAINFUL.

no problems with magnetic shielding for me at any rate.

-Chris

• 2 years later...

----------------

On 6/27/2001 11:49:00 AM PhilH wrote:

2disturbed:

Magnetic shielding can be a hit and miss proposition, sometimes the type of TV involved can have a negative effect, and sometimes the speaker may not be doing the job. Many times, a slight adjustment such as raising the speaker 1 inch may take care of any problem. Get the speaker you like and try it at home with your particular situation, you can return or exchange it if it doesn't work for you...Ovation is great on customer service. If it doesn't work at first, let us know on this forum and we'll give you several suggestions to try before you have to take it back...

PhilH

----------------

I have recently purchased an SC-1 that sits on top of a Sony Wega TV and the speaker appears to me to be having shielding problems. Sounds as if it is in an empty room, a very hollow sound.

On to my question, I noticed you asked 2disturded to write back if they needed some other ideas to fix the problem. If the offer still stands please help me out. Thanks for your time.

Also, I am very limited as for moving it away from the TV unless I mount it to the ceiling which I am sure the wife would not allow.

The hollow sounding center is not the speaker's fault it is the settings on your receiver not being properly adjusted. This hollow thing has been discussed you must have a Pioneer receiver perhaps as these are the folks getting the hollow sounding center sound. Just a thought. Maybe their are alot of reflections in the room as well.

Try moving the center speaker around on top of the TV. I have an SC-1 center and had a shielding problem when I first placed it on top of my television. When I moved it back about 1/4 inch, the problem went away. Now (for some strange reason) I can place the center speaker anywhere on top of the TV with no shielding problems. It seems that the TV and the center speaker have "adjusted" to each other (if that makes any sense).

Milton

I have actually found that shielding is indeed not the problem. It is the receiver that is causing the problem. You mentioned that the setting are incorrect, are there any particular setting that may cause this? Your guess was very close but it is a JVC receiver(what a mistake, listened to a sales guy at Circuit City).