Belle Klipsch - Available For Sale

gullahisland

----------------

On 2/28/2004 11:28:45 AM Q-Man wrote:

Forrest,

Just think what Horn Ed would of told you if he had the time???? You can't beat his explanations and experience.

I try to achive more envelopment and a non directional sound by using two direct radiator speakers. I use a Jensen Imperial cabinet loaded with Klipschorn drivers for the bottom speaker. It's kind of like a Klipschorn, but doesn't need a corner. Upside down on top of that is a LaScala aimed in another direction. I think this combo works quite nice and the full range speakers really come alive with SACDs and DVD-Audio. I'll find a picture and post it.

----------------

Ha! I thought about that, but I guess I'll have to wait until Random House publishes it. 6.gif

HornEd, I've gone back and read a few of your posts, and I have to say, I like your style... full of personality, experience, and all things useful.

peace,

Forrest

And here I was thinking monopoles were used exclusively in strip clubs

Bad fini! Bad fini !

I would spank you for that but obviously enjoy that WAY TO MUCH!!

Go stand in the corner andfeel sorry about yourself !

BTW Tell me again about them there Spanker Girls !

Well...I can confirm for all of you that Ed is, indeed, alive and well. I heard about the nasty rumor that you all spread about him being deceased!!

Second, I can assure you that his "Swiss Miss" (I call her Kassandra!) does indeed exist and is both charming and beautiful. Ed truly lives a charmed life.

It looks like I'll be heading out to the HornEd compound some time this week to deliver the Belles and I'll be certain to report back regarding Ed's super surround setup! It sounds like a real "E-ticket" ride.

That's all for now.

• 5 weeks later...

Dan,

Did Ed finally hookup with Jim on the trade? I was afraid that when I put the two of them together that it would take weeks for Jim to get back to Ed ;)]. Did'nt want Ed to be PO'd at me for putting him through that.

I gave him Jim's phone number last week. Hopefully, that'll work.

I noticed that Ed mentioned that he had acquired a pair of K's for $1750, so I was presuming that he had already sealed the deal.

I don't mind having them in my living room, but I do worry about them being a liability. For example, if we have people over, I have to be watchful that nobody thinks they're a nice place to set a glass. I just don't want anything to happen to them while they're under my supervision!

3.gif

What I was joking about was the fact that I gave Jim and Ed each others contact information about 3 weeks ago and it probably took Jim until now to get back to Ed. Jim is not an easy guy to get a response from. But, I will cut him some slack, afterall it is riding weather and I am sure he is out on his '93 Wide Glide, I would be too2.gif.

I think you are right Dan. At the price of $1750.00, sounds like Jims Khorns.