KSW-15 problems

Ocfdmedic

My sub sometimes will kick off and the green light on the front goes red. It seems to do

this with the volume low on the preamp. When you crank it up the sub goes back to green and

starts working fine. Is this light a protect circut indicator? The owners manual doesnt say anything about it. It doesnt do this very often but since its out of warranty Id like to get it fixed.

Chris.

I'm surprised no one with a KSW hasn't replied... but does this LED go red when you turn off your receiver?

My understanding (i don't have one to check) is the light indicates when the unit is ON (green) or STAND-BY (red). Basically the signal being fed to your sub is so low, it thinks you've turned off your HT and turns itself off. If the system volume is not that low, perhaps it's sensitivity is a little low and may be (internally) adjustable.

If no one else confirms my guess, you could try giving tech support a call at 1-800-KLI-PSCH

Good luck...

Rob

That is normal operation for that subwoofer, I had one for a few years and found it very annoying that when the action died down in the movie it would shut itself down after 10-15 minutes, then kick on when a scene called for it. I resorted to just leaving it "on" all the time instead of in the "auto" mode. It also seems to take quite a bit of signal level to get it to "engage' in the first place. Trying to watch a movie at low levels it would simply not turn on. There is nothing wrong with it though as that is how it is designed to operate. I got rid of it, it was nothing but a disappointment for me. I had the thing turned up to "max" and it still was not impressive. Made to the move to a used Velodyne what a difference now that I have a real subwoofer!

2seconds on- 15 minutes off. Thats what the owners manual should say. It comes on within 2 seconds of a signal and stays on for 15 minutes after its last signal. Now if your reciever doesn't put out much in the way of low frequency signals at low vloumes that would cause this. Also could depend on where you have the crossover on your sub set. If its down around 60 or so, that may cause it at lower volumes. As an experiment, try setting it up to 100 and see how it acts for awhile. That could tell you if this is the issue. If it is, try turning down the crossover till the prob reoccurs, then go back up a bit. Or pump up the volume at all times!LOL

Thanks for the info. Im glad its not broke. Im not too impressed with this sub myself. I was thinking about getting another one and have them behind the r and l front speakers but they dont make this sub anymore ive been told so I may just have to figure something else out.

Chris.

I turned the crossover to 100 and it still does it. I guess from what everyone says is that it

is normal for this sub? It has never done this before, or for some strange reason it has and I just didnt know it. I took the back cover off and checked it. All the connetions looked good.

There are 2 adjustments on the circut board, maybee that could adust the input level? Anyone know what there for.