"Passion Of The Christ"

love_hertz

I don't think it's a great movie. It seemed more like a snuff film to me, rather than someone's religious experience.

I think it missed the whole point of the message of the New Testament. But what really disturbed me is the fact that so many people are so eager for their children to see it. Not only do I think that it's FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR too violent for children to see, but I am also afraid that the children are not emotionally mature enough to interpret the movie correctly, and along with all the press the movie's been getting, they might get the wrong impression.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------

On 3/2/2004 5:35:26 PM BackBurner wrote:

--- all it's going to accomplish is making the movie industry richer and haveing 2 groups of rival religons start hating one another over who killer christ .

----------------

No, if you really want to start a holy war in the film industry, go rent (if you can find a copy anywhere) "The Last Temptation of Christ." Chances are someone will have to order you a copy, seeing as many states banned it from even playing in the movie theater itself. (through christian beliefs) when Jesus Christ walked into the desert, he was tempted for 40 days and nights by the devil.

The movie I mentioned above is the final 2 hours of the 40 days and nights in the desert, showing how Jesus' life would have turned out if he had made other choices along the way. Not necessarily bad choices, but other choices. Personally, I thought it was a good script, a good soundtrack, and great cinematography.

Getting back to the subject at hand, I thought the Passion of the Christ was a decent film, great script, well shot, and music appropriate its dark theme. Definitely not a movie for the squeamish, yet more than worth the effort of production.

As for personal thoughts on the general storyline, before any of you jump to conclusions about the religious connotations, ask yourself one question: "How did the actor feel about playing a part in a movie that begs the question of 'how strong is (my) faith?'"

"If you can't play well with your imaginary friends, then you need serious psychiatric help."