Cost of new La Scalas?

greg928gts

Wondering if someone can tell me what new La Scalas are going for? What is the nicest veneer they offer and what is the price for those? How do they handle shipping? Does the dealer pass that cost on?

In other words, if I was to order a pair of the nicest veneered La Scalas new right now from my local dealer, what would be my total outlay?

Greg

here's what is currently offered, but no pricing on ther Klipsch.

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL:

Birch Plywood

FINISHES:

Unfinished Birch, Birch Lacquer, Black Lacquer

YEARS BUILT:

1963 -

I remember hearing they list at like $4K, but I don't that for a fact. Also, apparently dealers sometimes discount them some.

In Nov I payed $3572 for new La Scalas with the grills, I went with black but in 2 or 3 years I want to try a walnut look. They do not offer many choices on the finish just the 3 listed above. If you do buy new be ready for a wait. I payed the store in mid Nov and they still have not been shipped. I contacted Klipsch and they are checking on the delay.

I know a lot of forum members suggest buying used Heritage speakers but if nobody buys new Heritage then they will stop making them. I'm single with no kids so I'm able to afford it, kind of afford it I will be paying for the LS over the next few years. Also I want to hear the new crossovers and this also was a excuse to buy my first tube integrated amp, Cayin TA 30.

Xman

That is the Pecos river just Northwest of Del Rio, Texas, it is very beautiful country. We continued on to Fort Davis, Texas (pic). If I remember correctlyl Big Bend national park is southwest of Fort Davis I think.

post-13699-13819253178506_thumb.jpg

If you are considering new be ready to wait! I found out there is a quality issue with the La Scalas and there are two orders ahead of me that still have to be made. This is a good news bad news kind of news. It is very good news that KLipsch is making sure their qualiy is excellent 1.gif ! The bad news is I will have to wait longer to get them8.gif. I have waited 38 years to get them so I can wait some more. If any forum members who work for Klipsch have more info on this I would be greatfull!

Xman 16.gif

----------------

On 3/4/2004 5:08:31 PM Piranha wrote:

I bought a really nice pair of 76 vintage for $600
"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif">

----------------

Good deal !!!

I remember a year or so ago that andy built some blank scala's out of oak , not sure if anyone here bought a pair or not .

I'd love to get my hand on a pair of those type of cabinets.

I heard that he will build them to order, but you have to order in lots of three pair so he can make a buck. I believe the price was around $1400 per pair, cabinets only. Don't hold me to that though. Maybe he'll chime in here and clarify?