OT: what kind of car does everyone have?

Rdmarsiii

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 3/24/2004 9:52:08 AM BBB wrote:

I always wanted a TVR but some British cars can be a hassle to maintain. On the other hand I like tinkering around with almost everything I own.
----------------

Yea, wait till you get a hold of one with a pos. ground! When the wipers don't work it probably means there is something wroong with the radio. We had a Healey like that.

Don't laugh, that happens nowdays too. When I left the dealership, the new Seville, if fully optioned, had 22 or 23 different computers on it, one for every conceivable thing. They are all linked together on a data line sharing information. It's not impossible for the headlights to turn on and off with each swipe of the wipers, or for the seat back to tilt back when it starts to rain, or the trunk to open every time you open the glove box, the combinations are endless. And sometimes very frustrating. My moms' got a 76 MGB with positive ground, I've gotten to tinker with it a few times, I'd much rather deal with "backwards" polarity than a car whose radio volume increases commensurate with heater fan speed!!!

They can be fun little cars... when they run! 2.gif

My MG has had alternating troubles with brakes, electrical, and fuel... just when you fix one thing another problem surfaces. It does have the + ground as well as the famous SU carburetor/injectors.

Sometimes the tinkering get old, and I just want to drive it (summer is short in Canada). Mind you, it's a non-restored 52... so most of the parts/seals are over 50yrs old on it.

Later... Rob

I have a Camry - and thanks to the magic combination (V6 + 5-speed), it is a completly different beast than the I4 auto's. I can absolutly kick a Civic's @ss, and most other Ricers are dead (less the occasional Eagle Talon or other turbo) - and I have some skills, so I can eat them alive in the corners. What fun. It is so very nice to be able to downshift, put my foot down, and actually gain speed! Great for traffic, just slam dunk a downshift and your off.

It is a boring car - but boring means cheap - and cheap means money for Klipsch and Canon!!! 9.gif

haha, cool site...

i wonder how they got their times though. my 85 monte carlo SS has run 14's on the quarter mile, but that site says 15.9 seconds...hmmmm

it's not that big of a deal i guess, it does give a good camparison though between all the cars out there.