FS: '76 Cornwalls - Walnut Oil Finish - VG Condition

Ctiger2

For sale are a pair of '76 Cornwalls w/Walnut Oil veneer finish. Serial numbers are a consecutive 9P952 & 9P953. Condition is overall very good for both speakers. The tops are beautifull with no water stains. One grill has a couple small snags in it. There are a couple marks/depressions on the right side veneer of the same speaker. One top left corner is showing signs of wear too. There are a few small nicks/dents elsewhere on the speakers but nothing major. They sound like Cornwalls should. All drivers fully functional. The midrange horn has been damped with rope caulk.

I am looking to get $950 for the pair. I live in the Mpls area (55412) and will deliver/meet up to 150mi. If you would like to see more/higher resolution ones just pm or email me. If they don't sell to someone here, they will be listed on Audiogon by 3/19/04.

Thanks,

Charlie

post-12859-13819253331866_thumb.jpg

Allan - No, I don't keep the turntable on the speaker. 6.gif I just placed it there so I could take some pics of the Corns. I neeed to find a permanent spot for that baby.

HornEd - Yes, I am slowly climbing the Klipsch ladder. I would love to get some Khorns someday. A fully horn-loaded system is my goal. Maybe when I finish the basement?

Charlie

I am considering both the Lacala and Cornwall. How do you compare the two? Sorry you made the change? Miss any bass? I really want three-way horn loaded but the LaScala is such a deep cabinet that the CW will fit the room a bit better. Since you have both, should I bite the bullet and find a way to deal with the extra depth. Or should I consider your CWs'. Mostly jazz, female vocal, some country and light rock. Thanks.

Rich

I have heard that Klipsch speakers do not do well on wood floors. I see yours are sitting on wood floors, so what do you think? Anyone else have an opinion on this. The floors I would be putting them on actually are not wood but pergo, on top of concrete slap foundation.

Rich,

I found I liked the Las midrange a little better than the CW's. I found I could really hear into the music. Vocals are outstanding. The sound is BIGGER too. Don't get me wrong, the CW's have fabulous mids. I liked the Las mids/bigger sound just a tad better though. I think the bigger mid-mouth of the Las provides the bigger/better mids though. The Bass of the Las does not go as deep at the CW's, but, I feel the bass from the Las is a little better quality bass. More defined, less rumble than the CW's. The CW does go down to 38hz though. It's really splitting hairs deciding between these two. You can't go wrong with either of them.

Mandi,

I do have my speakers on wood floors. My whole house has wood floors except the unfinished basement, so I don't really have a choice. At normal listening levels, I think they sound fine. If you crank 'em up, not only will the wood floors resonate but the whole house will too. They get LOUD with no distortion. Amazing Sound!

Charlie