Klipsch reference series... (RC-7, RS-7, RF-7)...

CoOlSlY

Those are out for a while now, are they planning to replace them anytime soon? I want to change my KSP-S6, KLF-C7, KLF-30 for those *BUT* I don't want to purchase something that will change in a few months or a year...

What do you think? I posted this mail a while ago but haven't got any news, maybe now some people have some infos about the new lines?

----------------

On 3/15/2004 9:55:24 AM CoOlSlY wrote:

Those are out for a while now, are they planning to replace them anytime soon? I want to change my KSP-S6, KLF-C7, KLF-30 for those *BUT* I don't want to purchase something that will change in a few months or a year...

----------------

There apperantly is going to be a new "Reference Permier" series coming out, of which a prototype was shown at this past CES. If my memory serves me right, somebody posted a date of sometime in spring or summer of 2005 when these are supposedly going to hit the market.

From the picture of the one speaker I saw, it looks like it is going to be nice, but will be more expensive than the currently Reference 7 line up.

To add to Skonopa's thread,:

the Premier line will be ABOVE the RF 7's. The RF 7's -from my understanding, talking with Klipsch folks is going to be here for quite a while!

If you can afford it, go ahead with confidence and buy them! Good Luck!

Well, apparently CoOISIY was asking to compare how they sounded. If he goes to the Axiom Forum, chances are the responses will be in Axiom favor. Here, most of us, me included will favor Klipsch, not because of a brand loyalty, but because people here are favoring the horn based speakers.

I had an opportunity to listen to both RF-7 and Axiom 80s. Axioms are great speakers. I heard them paired to one of the Outlaw amps and the resulting sound was terrific. Even more impressed I was when I listened to RF7s though. RF-7s in my mind are at least a couple tiers up from those Axioms both in terms of their sound and looks. It is difficult to make direct comparison for me since i listened to these speakers in different setups and at different times. But my overall subjective impression is definitely in RF7s favor. I dream of getting them one day :) Although, once again, if you will end up with Axioms, most likely you will not be sorry.

PS Man, you got yourself a tough nick, ...took me three times to spell it correctly ..:)

----------------

On 3/15/2004 1:29:19 PM CoOlSlY wrote:

Anybody is able to compare Klipsch Reference series (RF-7) with the Axiom 80 series? Also, the RS-7 to the Axiom QS8 (?)

Sylvain

----------------

I own a pair of Axiom QS8s and have owned a number of Klipschs. For home theater, the QS8s and the RS-7s are about equal for their ability to reproduce rear effects in a spectacular fashion. However, if you periodically listen to music in 5.1-7.1, the RS-7s are much better for music than the QS8s. Not even close. I cannot speak to the Axiom 80s.

Samsung TXN3245FP, Harmon Kardon AVR 7200, Denon DVD-2900, RB75(ordered), RC7(ordered), RF3II, RC3II, SVS PB2-ISD, SVS 20-39PCi

Yamaha RX-V1300, Onkyo SKS-HT500, Axiom QS-8, HSU VTF-2

----------------

What do you think? I posted this mail a while ago but haven't got any news, maybe now some people have some infos about the new lines?

Sylvain----------------

do you feel that the RF-7 series is a big upgrade from the KLF-30's?

i had a pair of RF7's on loan to try in my living room against my KLF-30's for three days.... a little more refined sound.....

but for me there wasn't $2000 worth of difference....

if i didn't have any speakers right now, i would probably buy the RF-7's...... but i didn't feel that there was enough difference compared to my KLF-30's to justify the expense....

just my humble opinion...... either way - you've got great speakers!

1.gif

I'm with MINN on this one. I know that I own Chorus II's and have listened to the RF-7's and I couldn't say that they were better then what I had. In fact, I don't think they were better at all. The KLF series is regarded very well by a lot of HT/audio enthusiats as being a GREAT speaker. I can not see how or why you would justify spending that kind of money on a speaker system when you have something that is great and the improvements would be minimal.

This is an opinion and you do whatever you want with your extra $2000, but I don't think you'll feel that you made a $2000 improvement to your system after it's all said and done.

If you really want to spend some cash, wait for the new reference line to come out that was shown at CES 04, then maybe make some compairisons and decide.

Your comments are appreciated guys. It's also interesting to hear that some of you found out that the "old" Legend series are similar to the Reference series. Unfortunatly, my KLF-30's and my KLF-C7 are already sold. I should have waited... I was almost convinced on the Axiom but since I'm listening sometimes to 5.1 or 7.1 music, I like it when it sounds good. I hope somebody who had both M80ti and RF-7 will chime in. Also, here, in the Montreal area, nobody wants to loan me RF-7's. If that would be possible, I would order the M80ti (since they have a 30 days trial) and I would put them against the RF-7 and then, I would be able to make my decision. A dealer is fine with loaning me Paradigm reference but no Klipsch dealers wants to do it. Any thoughts on Paradigm ref.?

TauRus: You sounded like Randy in American Idol when he's saying "Man, you took a tough song dude" 2.gif

----------------

----------------

TROLL ALERT.....TROLL ALERT..... TROLL ALERT.....

CoOlSlY wrote the following yesterday on audioreview.com forum....

"I am in the market for a "new" home theather... I currently own Electro Voice Cinema series speaker wich are way too powerful for what i'm doing and I think I could find better sounding speakers for more than half the price.

To give a idea of the budget, I am currently looking for Klipsch reference series.

Front RF-7 (~1750$)

Center RC-7 (~600$)

Surrounds RF-7 (~1750$)

Surrounds back RS-7 (~700$)

http://www.klipsch.com/product/prod...?line=reference

I will be using a Denon 3800 for this setup compared to all separate amps and processor for my actual setup.

I'm wondering what exact alternative there is to Klipsch? (Don't say "Give a look to Paradigm" for example... Tell me "Take a close look to the Paradigm Monitor 100" or whatever)... Not that I want something else but if there's something that I could listen to both and make my decision, that would be way better than saying "OK, i'm going with the Klipsch").

I have owned some Klipsch in the past but I am not attached to them so if you have any suggestions, go ahead, anything is appreciated as long as it's similar cost and similar power. I do about 90% HT, 10% music and usually listen to a movie quite loud.

Thank you,

Sylvain"

so what do you own..... klipsch speakers or electrovoice??????

TROLL ALERT.....TROLL ALERT..... TROLL ALERT....... TROLL ALERT....

I have both systems! If you want, I can send you pics , I began to sell a lot of stuff on e-bay. KLF-30 are gone, KLF-C7 is gone (wich were lost by UPS btw), KSP-S6 are also gone. I also have in the setup Vandersteen 2ce signature and a VCC-1 center channel that I just sold also! Now, I'm stuck with 4 Electro-voice T53+ and a Cerwin Vega SL36b! I also have a Mackie M1400i and a Denon AVR-2600... Unfortunatly, the throll owns a lot of audio stuff and mainly:

I want to keep the 2ce's for stereo only, get rid of the Denon 2600, get something like a Musical Fidelity on one floor and get rid of all the other speaker I have to go either Klipsch, Paradigm or Axiom keeping the Sl36b subwoofer for now and the Denon 3800 (I hope I haven't said I had a 3802 or 3803)...

Sorry if I mixed all the things everywhere,

Addon: I also have a crappy AMC multi-channel amp wich is hooked up on the 3800 that I also want to get rid of.

2nd addon: Wait wait, I forgot to say I also have a AMC tuner that I never used but will use it when my two setups will be done properly!

14.gif

3rd edit: Seriously, I think your post was not legitimate and I may have misexpressed myself. For sure, my intentions were not to misinform anybody. I knew that lot's of people are here and on Audioreview. I don't want to start a flame war or whatever, I just think that I didn't deserved your post.

Cheers and i'm seriously not mad at all.

----------------

On 3/15/2004 3:34:44 PM minn_male42 wrote:

----------------

Sylvain----------------

do you feel that the RF-7 series is a big upgrade from the KLF-30's?

i had a pair of RF7's on loan to try in my living room against my KLF-30's for three days.... a little more refined sound.....

but for me there wasn't $2000 worth of difference....

if i didn't have any speakers right now, i would probably buy the RF-7's...... but i didn't feel that there was enough difference compared to my KLF-30's to justify the expense....

just my humble opinion...... either way - you've got great speakers!

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif">

----------------

minn_male42

it is always nice to hear from another legend owner.

does the rf-7 series sound better than KLF-30's? well i'm glad you got to hear them side-by-side.imo-i didn't want to chance losing the opportunity to own legends,since i KNEW how incredible they sounded. now that i have heard the rf-7's(although NOT in MY ht room)i am still VERY satisfied w/my KLF-30's.THEY ROCK!!9.gif

maybe one day i can drag a pair out of the store and set them up in my ht room and do a side-by-side comparison.

avman.

My Klipsch dealer agreed to loan me two RS-7 and one RC-7 for the weekend (well, I will pick them up at 4:00pm saturday).

Axiom has shipped me QS8 and VP150 so i'll be able to really compare them musically and in home theather. I will keep everybody informed this weekend or monday how they sound.

Well if you ever make a trip to the Burlington, VT area which is not to far from Montreal I will let you hear some real Klipsch speakers. I have an all Heritage HT with Klipschorn mains which may make you change your mind about any of the current speakers that you are considering. With the prices on the used market it would not be too difficult to piece together a truly incredible system. Good luck with whatever you decide to do though!

Well, in the past, I used to like it very loud so I purchased some Electro-Voice speaker wich could play VERY loud. I also bought a 18" subwoofer from Cerwin Vega wich is 104db efficiency and could do a max SPL of 134db. SVS said that the sub is pretty good for > 25hz and would need 4 SVS subwoofer to match it but under 25hz, my sub is not very good (as all monster disco sub). Now that I'm "older", I prefer the clarity and quality so a while ago, I purchased the Klipsch Legend series. I still listen to music or movies quite loud sometimes. Now, all my Legend speakers are sold (UPS also found back my KLF-C7 that was lost). I will test the RS-7 and RC-7 this weekend and for now, the HT will be on the Electro-voice until I sell them. I have no clue where to advertise them since they are very heavy and nobody wich is in a house will purchase that.

I will get in touch with "The ear" in the next few weeks when I will have made the decision if I go with Axiom or Klipsch again.

For one of the first time I don't really know "what to get", Klipschorn, LaScala, Reference, i'm not aware enough of what are the qualities of all those speakers so I chose to test the Reference line and the Axiom line, we'll see :/

Thank's